Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tornado Memories

It's yet another February 5th, meaning yet another year to be exceedingly grateful for God's protection over us when the tornado ripped through Union's campus and the Jackson community. I've written about it just about every year (like here and here), so I've aired my thoughts several times.

This year, I thought I'd leave you with a little funny moment from the night of the tornado:

A dear friend of mine (who shall remain unnamed, but I bet you could figure it out) and I were sitting in a packed hallway, waiting to hear what would be our next move that evening and trying not to relive every second of the tornado. After sitting in silence for a few minutes, she turned to me and said, "The GOOD news about today," (I was a little confused, trying to see what could have been considered good...you know, other than being alive), "is that I'm wearing my new underwear."

Way to look on the bright side, buddy. I'm glad we made it through the tornado together.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

1 comment:

Kat said...

haha who would be able to find such a great silver lining in such dire circumstances? She must be awesome and have cool undies. Love you buddy and I am so thankful I had you by my side that night. Happy Anniversary.

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...