Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day

Brad and I have somehow ended up not celebrating Valentine's Day together for all three of the Valentine's Days that we've been married. Really romantic, right? It's not that we are anti-Valentine's Day or that we don't love each other...it just hasn't really happened. The first year, we couldn't celebrate it on the day, but Brad did get me flowers and bought me dinner later. Last year, he went to a Patristics conference at Princeton. This year, he was traveling for Ph.D. interviews. Don't worry- he's always gotten me treats to celebrate. We just never seem to be together.

However, since this year was Bearsy's first Valentine's Day, I was insistent on getting some pictures of her and her Valentine. We got some cute ones.



I know this one's blurry, but I love it.



Many thanks to Uncle Paul for Claire's Valentine's Day bib!

Our goodies: chocolate and stuffed friends and cards from Granddaddy, cards and some pocket money for Claire from Grammy, mini baking cups for me from my parents, homemade peppermint patties from Aunt Sue, a bib and cookie for Claire from Uncle Paul, and chocolate for moi from Brad. And flowers. It was so sweet of everyone.

Claire playing with her new lovey from Granddaddy while we watched Emma.

Reading her card from Grammy. She played with it off and on all day; I think she thought it was a very small book. And this girl loves books.

A shot of ourselves that we took from Brad. 

I hope everyone had a lovely February 14, whether or not you celebrate Valentine's Day. We had a great, snowy day of watching our favorite Jane Austens. Well, they're my favorites. Claire is still making up her mind on which are hers.

1 comment:

Karen Tidwell said...

I sure would like to know what is going on in that head of hers. I hope she feels better soon. In the picture on FB today you could see in her eyes that she did not feel good. I keep hearing that Boston is getting more snow-I hope spring comes for you very soon. Praying for you all as you are faced with decisions in the next few weeks. Much love to you and yours.

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...