Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Around here lately: January 2017 edition

New year, new thoughts from Claire's head.
*The formatting for this post is wonky. And I'm just going to roll with it.


Pepper = peppermint

Referring to a peppermint. It's good because I like it. It kind of tastes like juice, but it's not.

I'm getting hot so I need a pepper. variation: I ran out of breath so I need a pepper. 

Winnie had a bad habit. Referring to when Winnie got on the table.




I think we'll win the winner! 

Look! He's running away from them. It's their turn now, but soon it will be their turn. Her own version of a play-by-play while watching football.

Erin: Talk to you later, gator! 
Claire: Talk to you later, crocodile! 



Look, Mommy! My dress and car seat are making Minnie's ear bow!

Talking about Lily. I like her. She's so soft. 

I was looking for the snow, but the snow didn't come down and that made me disappointed. 

I'm using this to get the snots out. We have and use a Nose Frida for Lily when she is congested. Claire is super intrigued by it and has started pretending to use something similar on herself- by squeezing bath toys so that air goes up her nose.



Bath toy snot sucker, patent pending

As we rolled Lily's crib into the girls room at 10:00 pm and found Claire still awake. Oh, I was just waiting on Lily. I was waiting so patiently.  

Shaushage = sausage

C is cheering for them! Referring to a foam letter "C" who was, apparently, cheering for the other letters.

Would you take a picture of Percy and the flowers because they're so cute? Percy is our fish, guys.



Percy and the flowers. So cute, right?

Claire: Can I see the picture? (on my phone)
Erin: Yes. 
Claire: I'm going to be shocked and amazed.



The shockingly amazing picture.

A piece of God and chance! This was her interpretation of the lyrics "at least I've got a chance!" from one of the songs in Frozen.

I'm getting air in my toes so they can breathe.

Can I have a pine cone? Snow cone

Erin: What are you thinking about? 
Claire: I'm thinking about going to California like Lightening McQueen (from Cars) to race with him. Do you want to come watch me? 
Erin: Of course! 
Claire: If I run out of race, I'll come sit with you. 




Babies are not allowed to growl. Lily growls a lot, so Claire made up this rule.

My fravrite. 

I don't feel good because that sometimes happens. 

The oil makes the water smell cookie-ish. She said this in the bath tub and I have no idea.

Ok, Mommy, put me on the donkey and ride me to Bethlehem. Playing Mary, the mother of Jesus.





Lily, come be our monster. While building a castle with Duplos. Apparently, it needed a monster.

Lily, you did what Mommy wanted you to do. You're a good baby. 


Claire: What does your shirt say? 
Erin: It says, "Cool as a moose, Portland, Maine."
Claire: It's kind of like a vacuum. Or paint.

Erin: Lily thinks you're funny. 
Claire: I AM funny. 




I'm sorry for my disobedience. This after a pretty intense round of disobedience and fit pitching.

The popcorn was really warm. Like blankets. 

I better get down and dance!

Lily's sounds were keeping me up and making happy faces and sad faces. 



Playing with some doll house furniture from Grammy's.

I was very upset with Toe because he was not cooperating.

My nose had a tricky boogie. 

I really like Poppy's truck. He got it from Carmax because the other one was falling apart. 



We took a return to Target, and the customer service guy gave her this whole strip of stickers. It made her day! Related: muuuuuuch later in the day, I discovered one of these stickers on my back pocket. I have no idea how long it was there.

E: Lily, do you need snugs and hugs because daddy beat you up? 
C: I need snugs and his because I fell down last night and beat myself up. 

NO CHILDREN WERE HARMED INTENTIONALLY. Brad accidentally bumped Lily over on the floor.

Jesus rose from the dead. Go go go, Jesus! 

I like zebras, but I don't like to eat pickles. 

Mommy, that was so politely and you obeyed God!

If our house is broken, Daddy can fix it like Chip and Jojo. Because he's a helper. And if he makes a mess, I'll clean it with my sweep. (Chip and Jojo from Fixer Upper; sweep = broom)




Claire: Lily, stay in here so Mommy won't vacuum you. 
Erin: Claire, I wouldn't vacuum her. 
Claire: I'm just telling her the truth, Mommy

Erin: I'm going to get a shower. 
Claire: Are you grubby? 

Talking about hooking her train cars together: They have to hold on tight to each other so they don't tear each other apart. 


I can do the problem solve and make a nice, balanced train. That's my girl.



Train creations: a dog bone


A star. We are practicing creativity around here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...