Friday, January 25, 2013

The But You HAVE Heard Of Me Challenge

I realize that 2012 is officially over, and January 2013 is pretty close to being over. However, I have every intention of finishing the clothing challenge. I just got a little off-course with Christmas traveling, so I'm finishing up now. I'm behind by two outfits, so this is one of the two remaining. 


My title might have given a little tip-off on this week's character. He's Disney, but he's not a cartoon.



Captain Jack Sparrow! I went a little lighter on my eye liner than he does, and my hair is a little more...um...clean? Something along those lines. 

Character: Captain Jack Sparrow from The Pirates of the Caribbean

Outfit:
*Black top is a maternity top from Target.
*White over-thing is from Papaya from 2010 (pre-baby).
*Scarf was a gift from a friend/former Spanish profesora, Senora Romine!
*Jeans are also maternity from Target (I have exactly three pairs of maternity pants that aren't yoga pants. They get worn a LOT. I'll be really happy to retire them eventually.).
*I'm even wearing black boots...you just can't see them. They're Clark's from about 4 years ago.

Disneybound inspiration board:



I really liked this outfit; I had gotten into a pretty deep maternity clothing rut, so just pulling out the white thing and the scarf changed my perspective drastically. Who knew?

One character left! I'm so sad that our little challenge is ending. I'll write up my reflections on it soon!

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...