Saturday, June 20, 2020

Alexandria Scottish Christmas Parade

Sometime in November, I got a text from Brad's Aunt Jenny to let me know that one of their favorite local events was coming up: the Scottish Christmas parade in Old Town Alexandria.

I love Scotland, Christmas, and Old Town Alexandria (have you ever been to Old Town? It's THE CUTEST. Anyone would love it.), so I immediately added it to our calendar. And we told our friends, the Crawfords, too.

So, the first Saturday in December, our crew, the Crawfords' crew, and Chris and Jenny claimed our spots to watch the parade! It was so much fun! Everyone had a blast, including Chris and Jenny, who I was a little worried would feel too overwhelmed by all of us. They weren't, thank goodness. They're great sports.

Most of the crew...all of the kids.


So excited to wave her Scottish flag! 

Lily hung out with Uncle Chris for a good long while, which surprised me, given that she rarely sits that still for so long. She LOVES Uncle Chris. Also, I love her in that hat.

There were so many kilts and bagpipes, and I was so happy every time!


This group was from the high school in Remember the Titans, which I also love.


So many clans represented

Scottish Airedales and their proud owners. There were so many groups of dogs, which thrilled the kids. And Jenny. She's a big time mom of fur-babies.

Westies!

Brynnie stayed strapped in this booster until the very last 15 minutes, which shocked and delighted me. Violet was so sweet to sit with her and play with her.

How cute are they?

Santa closed out the show. I have to say, though, my kids were way more excited about the dogs and candy.

I love this picture! It's really accurate of both of their personalities.

Photo bomber

It was a brisk morning and always a lot of work to trek the children and all of their things to do stuff like this, but it was such a fun morning! And one of my favorite memories. Thanks, Jenny, for making sure we knew about it and inviting us to join you!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...