Monday, June 1, 2020

Happy Halloween

Finally, at long last, Halloween arrived, and the girls could not have been more excited. My best friend, Kat, was getting married in St. Louis on November 2, so I was set to fly out before trick-or-treating. I was pretty sad about missing it; I'm no fan of Halloween, but I love watching the girls dress up and have fun. I was able to get them ready for their evening and take some pictures before I headed to the airport (note: getting to Reagan from our rowhouse was unbelievably easy via metro, which I found DELIGHTFUL).

One of the reasons that it was hard to get excited about packing to move to DC was because of all the different situations I needed to think through and be prepared for (Tim and Jenna's wedding...swimsuits...winter coats...Christmas clothes...Halloween costumes). Thankfully, the girls' great-aunt Donna had given them these beautiful princess dresses for their birthdays last week and all I had to do was grab them out of the closet.

Brad's Aunt Jenny and Uncle Chris invited Brad and the girls to head over to their neighborhood for supper and trick-or-treating, and man, did they have a blast! I begged Brad to send me pictures, and he a great job. There was a tornado warning spanning the course of the evening (thankfully, the girls finished up and were home and in bed before the really rough weather), which was stressful for me, generally, and continually delayed my flight on top of things, but enough about me. Pictures!

Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Aurora. And Trumpkin.



Rapunzel at 6 years old


Aurora at 3 years old


Cinderella at 18 months (and stealing Rapunzel's brush)


Chris and Jenny dressed their dog, Lizzie, up as a taco, and the girls were thrilled.




Hot chocolate!

Ready to roll!




Not being a walker means getting carried from door-to-door


Many thanks to Brad, Chris, and Jenny for making it such a fun time for the girls! They each came home with a gallon-sized Ziplock bag of candy that we had to deal with for the next month! Definitely a successful night for these little gals.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...