Tuesday, June 16, 2020

November 2019: catch-all

I realized that these "catch-all" posts are largely Brynna posts, as I put lots of Claire and Lily pictures in with their quotes posts. I'll have to work on a better category for Brynna eventually. Until then, enjoy cute pictures of Brynn + some random commentary!



She really got into climbing...



I was actually rather glad that she started making her own way up the stairs on occasion. There were a LOT of stairs, and carrying her up all of them could get rough.

This really lovely formal living room was the scene of many a creative play endeavor. I decided fairly early on that it was worth the money to have our groceries delivered, rather than spend actual hours of our week trekking to and from the stores (when there were so many better ways to spend our time!). The delivery boxes became the epicenter of many a play time. They were boats, houses, playgrounds, doll beds...you name it, the boxes became it.

We also did this on occasion. I think this was ABC Mouse, so at least it was educational?



Hair!!

On some days, everyone just needed to play outside, even if I couldn't take them to the park for some reason. I had to set up a barrier for Brynn, though (see the barricade of chairs), because the porch wasn't exactly baby-safe.




Cold weather couldn't stop our outdoor fun.


Skyping with family



Peek-a-boo!

I snagged a picture of our trash can because it always cracked me up that it said it was a "supercan"...when it was so tiny.

Snacks and a show!


Brynn says, "Look at me!"


Brynnie's arm around Claire...

Hugs for Lily

More uses for boxes!

I set up my sentries to wait for the grocery delivery. They were very reliable to yell and let me know!








Everyone loves a snuggle with Brynna.

Before our move to DC, I saw that a podcast I listen to was going to be having a live show in DC while we were there, and Brad very gamely agreed to go with me. The event was held at a synagogue, which I thought was a little odd, until we were actually in DC and I learned that this particular synagogue hosts all kinds of events regularly.


A date!

Podcasters in the wild.

The synagogue is located in Chinatown, so the crosswalk had the emblems of the Chinese zodiac.

And this greets you outside of the metro.

Occasionally, I tried to snap pictures like this of our regular sights and surroundings. I learned while in Ukraine that it's a good idea to get pictures of the things that aren't normal to your "regular" life BEFORE those very things start becoming normal and you forget that we don't have metros, etc. back in North Carolina.


Next up: December and its accompanying craziness!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...