Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Around here lately: December 2019 edition

Some good quotes to end the year with!

Look! Jupiter and Saturn...they're best buddies.

Your feet are kissing!
Feet touching under the table

My favorite germ not to get sick with is the throw-up germ.

Winnie is a hostess and a queen.
Amiee's dog that is with Mom and Dad



Legs getting tired while walking through the zoo/back to the car
Let me know when we're at the car.

Sometimes when you can't touch something that you want to, like the stars or a rainbow, you can just use your imagination. I'm so glad I have an imagination.
This one got me right in my feelings; it was just so Anne of Green Gables that I couldn't handle it.

Amanda: What kind of snack does your mom usually give you at night?
She was babysitting for us.
Claire: Nothing...but YOU'RE in charge tonight!


Drawing local scenes

I'm making the volume go faster.

Mommy, her shoes clicked so beautifully!
After a woman in high heels walked past us in the metro station

Step-finger : a prosthetic finger

The first place we met the Crawfords was at Dumbarton Oaks. It must be a very special place!



Sobbing about saying goodbye to our friends, the Crawfords
They were such good friendsssssss!

Hands sticky while eating a Danish
Daddy, do you think you could perhaps move my hair out of my face?

Opens a gift
You shouldn't have!



On Christmas morning, we asked the girls:
Why do we celebrate Christmas?
Claire: The church told people to warn their children.
She meant that our pastor- at the Christmas Eve service- encouraged parents to remind their children of the reason we observe Christmas.

Feliz NaviNOD

Lily: I'm sweating.
Claire: Me too, Lily. I've sweated lots of times in my life.

Thinking about one of her toys
Do you think he comes alive? You never can tell with toys.
We've clearly watched too much Toy Story...



You have to be careful- Universal is mischievous!
Universal Studios

I think I've had enough cake. If I eat anymore, I think I should be too full for supper.

My brain is a computer and can think about things at the same time. But I have a lot to think about, and it's going to take a long time. I need to do some computer work.

About having to leave Universal Studios and return home
Amiee: Tomorrow is going to be ridiculous.
Claire: ...-ly sad.



Discussing how long a trip it is from home to Orlando
I don't want to go on a long journey. I just want to live at the foot of Georgia.

Claire: Maybe you could send a peppermint toad with me for Lily.
Amiee: I don't know about that...You might eat it!
Claire: Well...I have self-control. 

Referring to a little keychain with Buckbeak the Hippogriff that she was given
Buckbeak Wilbur Boswell. Because Wilbur and Orville were the first to make a plane.

You're really good with children, Nana.


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...