Friday, June 5, 2020

While Mom is away...

While I was in St. Louis for wedding things, Brad held down the fort at home.

This was, maybe, my favorite picture that he sent me: his handiwork at doing Brynna's hair for the day. Isn't it great?

They headed to the zoo (of course). I told them all that if they ever wanted to do the reptile house, this was their chance (because there was no way I was going to spearhead that expedition). 





Lunch at the zoo cafe! Special treat, indeed.

Seriously. Check out that ponytail!

One of the Crawford kids was having a birthday that weekend, so Brad and the girls went over for supper and cake. The girls picked out a stuffed animal from the zoo to take as a gift.





If I remember correctly, Brad didn't have anything particular scheduled for them to do Saturday morning, and that was when I got a few texts from him, commenting on how that's never a good plan for him and to please remind him in the future to have an activity planned.


So to the park!



And then a movie

After the first couple months in DC, we made the decision to switch from morning church to evening church. This plan allowed Brynn to keep her morning nap (which is a good situation for ALL of us), and it also allowed us time on Sundays to do some DC exploring. Most everything closed by 5 pm, which gave us very little time to do anything after nap time on Sundays. Brad and the girls opted to visit the Air and Space Museum this particular Sunday, before heading to the airport to pick me up.


Quick pose in front of the Smithsonian Castle









The girls had a blast hanging with Brad all weekend, and he managed all of the hair and outfits and snacks and naps like the super-dad that he is. 

And then I got home and all was fully right with the world.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...