Thursday, June 4, 2020

Kat's Wedding!

My best friend, Kat, got married at the beginning of November in St. Louis, so obviously, I headed to Missouri for a few days! Thanks to the tornadoes of Halloween, my flight got in verrrrry late, but I hit the ground running, nonetheless. We bridesmaids celebrated and prepared and loaded up and strategized and did our very best to make sure that Kat was surrounded by fun and friends and as little stress as we could manage. 

For her bachelorette party, we did brunch followed by axe throwing, wherein I learned that I'm no good with axes but ninja stars are my jam.
















Some of my handiwork

Very proud

I pose well with axes...I don't throw them nearly as well.

Off to rehearsal!

I don't have pictures from the rehearsal (I was doing bridesmaid things, obviously), but it was in a city park with a really pretty overlook. It was also chilly.

My one picture from rehearsal. Of the cutie cute flower girl and ring bearer.

The morning-of was all kinds of crazy-pants bananas, but we did it. All the women were dressed and made up and ready on time!




Don't worry. I put on my sweater ASAP.

On our way for pictures!

Bride and groom!

I have zero pictures from the wedding (or even from picture-taking before the wedding) because I was busy doing my duties, but here are a couple fun ones that Kat snapped:



I totally cried during the ceremony and then immediately put on my boots, scarf, and gloves as soon as the ceremony was over, but we got her married, ate good food, and had a lot of laughs over the course of the weekend. So very glad that she got married before COVID took over so that we could all be there and be part of her big day.

Lots of love to you, Kat! So glad I could be there next to you.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...