Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Around here lately: November 2019 edition

More from Claire...

Claire was doing a cutting (scissors) exercise of cutting out a metro-style train and murmuring:
This is a Red Line train to Shady Grove. Next stop: Dupont Circle!



 Working on the train!

Not wanting to go with Lily all the way upstairs:
You'll be ok, Lily, because you know who's with you? God.

After I stuck my tongue out at Claire:
You can't do that. Grown-ups aren't allowed to do that, either. Wait until I tell Nana and Poppy!

Claire: There's just nothing for me to do when I go to bed.
Erin: Um...sleep?
Claire: Yeah, but sometimes I don't EVEN dream! That's boring.


They got into the recyclables and became an opera singer and a ballerina.

Claire: Lily, when I get married, you can be the flower girl. And Mommy, you've never been a flower girl.
Erin: I was. When I was five.
Claire: How would you like to do it again? When I get married? You can have the prettiest dress. And fancy hair.

When writing "the"
I sometimes pretend that the "t" and the "h" are married and the "e" is their baby.

Ant-cestor : ancestor

We can eat Francesco!
Al fresco


We ordered most of our groceries and supplies from Target Restock and Instacart, which meant that we had gobs of boxes to play in at any given time.

Poor Bei Bei...Do you think he's going to miss us?
When one of the giant pandas from the zoo was returned to China

I need to show everyone. Call a family meeting!

Christmas is the second-best gift. Remember Easter?

Grandpeople : Grandparents

To our friend, Domeneque:
Is your middle name "Boswell?"


Sharing her chair with Brynnie...maybe against her will?

Brynn had hurt herself, was crying, and inhaled deeply before letting out a WAIL. During the inhale:
Prepare yourselves!
for the noise

I can't take it anymore. These are too cute!
Looking at Tim's and Jenna's wedding pictures

Daddy is marvelous smart!



They're right- Daddy is MARVELOUS smart!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...