Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We're still alive.

I promise. We are still alive...but we have been a tad under the weather. Including Bear. How sad is that? The worst part is that we accused her of being the girl who coughed "wolf" for the best part of a day. She sometimes coughs for "fun"/attention, so we didn't take her seriously until her nose started running like a faucet. I felt so horrible; I started the cold-having around this joint, so it seems like it's my fault. Sad me.

To make it even more fun, since Bearsy doesn't know how to blow her nose, I had to use the gross, baby suction bulb to help her out. She hated me for it, and I wasn't too crazy about it myself. Oi. And bless us all.

Since I haven't done my part to blog about Cape Cod, I thought I'd at least offer up a few things that we've been enjoying lately, in case you're in the market for interesting things.

1. Thredup.com. It's an online consignment store, and the best part is that you can order their bags for free (usually) and THEY PAY FOR SHIPPING! It's so great. Order one of their bags. Fill it with your clothing. Ship up to 10lbs. for free. Get paid. I've done it twice and have gotten paid for both bags. Win!

2. Dropbox. It's a kind of cloud storage. We use it to share pictures and videos of Bearsy with all of our family that can't be in Boston all the time (i.e. everyone). It's fantastic.

3. The Amazing Race. I've been watching old seasons (on Amazon Prime) and loving it. I love the travel and the challenges and just love it. 

4. This recipe and this recipe from canyoustayfordinner.com. We make them almost weekly. They're awesome and so simple. And awesome on the calorie count.

5. Jen Hatmaker's blog. She's hilarious and has depth and encouragement. She loves Jesus and her kids and even made it onto the Today Show this summer. For this particular post. I wept and died a little because of the hilarity. Try not to have liquid in your mouth whilst reading. You'll thank me later for that tip.

I'll be back with Cape Coddyness soon. It'll be darling and precious.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...