Wednesday, October 23, 2013

And...Mrs. Tidwell came to town!

Allow me to apologize for the lack of pictures for this post. It's shameful, really. It's, apparently, not my strongest area as a blogging mom. Also, this post is two months overdue. Yeah... 

Anyway, one of my favorite people, Mrs. Tidwell, made a point to come to Boston for a day trip in August! She was up in our neck of the woods, visiting with family, so she hopped on a bus and traveled through three states before 10:00 am in order to meet up with us in Boston. Sidenote: It still blows my mind how tiny and close all of these New England states are. Seriously. You can be in New Hampshire in an hour and in Maine about 10 minutes after that. Rhode Island is 45 minutes from here. Crazy.

Firstly, Bear and Mrs. Tidwell got to meet. It was a joyous time for Bearsy. Although, she showed her joy by making a mess all over the outfit I'd put her in (incidentally, an outfit given to her by Mrs. Tidwell) approximately 2 minutes after meeting our guest. The best laid plans, y'all. The bumble bee outfit that she's wearing in the two (2) pictures I have of them (what is wrong with me??) was the back up outfit. 



I met Mrs. Tidwell when I was 15 years old. We (along with her son, Ben, who became one of my best friends through high school, Senegal, and college...you can find the link to Ben's and Molly's- his wife- blog on my sidebar) met on a mission trip to Brazil. We've all been friends ever since. 

It was so fun to show her around our Hobbit Hole, visit our beloved Boloco for lunch, walk around the reservoir, and show her Boston College. It was a bummer that it was really warm that day, but there's only so much I can control. 

We love having friends and family come to see our new home. Somehow, when we have our loved ones here, it feels less like we live at the other end of the country (going north to south, obviously). 

Thank you for making time to see us, Mrs. Tidwell! We love you!

1 comment:

Karen Tidwell said...

No way I could come so close and not see you. I had the best time. For those who think Claire Bear is cute in pictures, you should see her in person. Now when you write about your 'hood, I can picture it. Thank you for your very sweet words in this post. Much love to you, Brad, and Claire.

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...