Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Best of Bear: Party!

Although I'm no Pinterest-party-throwing-Mom, I did manage to pull together a first birthday party for Bear. My parents were in town, and we were able to have some friends over to celebrate with us. 

Of course, we had our friend, Charlie (and his family) over. Charlie and Claire are six weeks apart in age, so they were each other's special birthday buddies this year. We also had our upstairs neighbor, Anne, and two friends from church, Tim and Bobby, join the fun. Because our birthday party ended up being scheduled for the same day as the men's retreat from church, we had a birthday breakfast...which gave the dads and male guests time to head out to the retreat. Brad made cinnamon rolls (from scratch, y'all...he's a keeper) and bacon-egg cups, Mom made grits, and I put out yogurt and strawberries. I'm very helpful like that.

Thankfully, Brad had the foresight the day before to pick up a birthday cupcake from Mike's (while we were getting cannolis, of course). Claire did a fabulous job of tackling that sucker, and she seemed to enjoy it very much. Although, I don't think she enjoyed being messy. She gets that from me. 

We had a really fun time and are so grateful for our friends. We wish that more of our friends and family from down South could have joined, but we're thankful for the people that the Lord has brought into our lives here in Boston. We love them so much!

And with this post, I'm wrapping up my birthday posts for Bearsy's first birthday...two weeks after the fact. :)

My parents sent these gorgeous roses to Bear on her birthday. They were so beautiful.

Our dear Senora Romine sent Bearsy this wonderful trio of book. Claire particularly loves when Brad makes the "SNORT" sound in Are You My Mother?

Reading (and wishing that Brad was making the SNORT sound)


Special birthday tv watching

Birthday picture with Daddy

The awesome cookie bouquet from Auntie and Uncle Paul. We all enjoyed it!


Claire ate this one on her actual birthday. This was her first, intentional snack of refined sugar. She loved it.


Mom and Dad brought this amazing quilt from Mrs. Tidwell. My jaw dropped when I saw it. Claire can't get enough of it (neither can I, truth be told).

Birthday guest! Charlie's sweet sister, Elizabeth

Party outfit!

Our neighbor, Anne

Eating birthday grits

Making faces with Bobby

Bobby, Brad, Bear, me, Tim, and Anne

Jonathan, Elizabeth, Brad, me, Bear, Rachael, and Charlie

Trying out that cupcake.



Family shot

She loved it.

Busy and focused.

With Nana and Poppy.

Thanks for sticking with me through the Bear birthday posts. Hopefully, I'll have some fun posts coming your way soon!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...