Monday, May 5, 2014

Spring Break: Boston-Style

Many, many weeks ago, Mom and Amiee came to visit us for a few days. They came up for Amiee's Spring Break...unfortunately for Amiee, because she's student-teaching, her Spring Break was connected to the school system's break and was a week off of Union's break. In an attempt to make it more interesting, we invited her to come to Boston. 

The first night they were here...Brad and I actually took our quick trip to Rhode Island. They claimed that they were more than happy to hang with Claire. :) We then proceeded to spend the rest of their visit partaking of some of our Boston favorites: Boloco, Cambridge (Mr. Bartley's Burgers, Harvard Yard, The Curious George store, Black Ink), lunch in the North End (Regina's and Mike's), and general hanging out. It was lots of fun, and I'm really thankful they came, seeing as we now know that we're moving. I wish we could have squeezed a few more things in; alas, it's rather difficult with a baby in tow. 

A few pictures as proof that they did, in fact, visit:

So, technically, this is not a picture of Mom or Amiee. And, it has little to do with their visit. It was, however, taken the day Brad and I returned from Rhode Island. I wanted documentation of some of the piled up snow in the parking lot of the Theological library at BC. This is after tons of it had melted, too. Winter is serious up here, y'all. Even now that it's May, I had to put a jacket on Claire yesterday.

We did this while Amiee was here. I made her pose for this shot.

Claire was SO cooperative...This is at Regina's, but you can't tell. Just trust me.

At Mr. Bartley's in Cambridge! It has been featured on the Food Network, and Mom actually saw it on there after I told her I was planning to take them there (but before we actually went).

I think this was just in front of some shops in the North End as we walked to Regina's. I think.

I didn't get tons of pictures, but we did have tons of fun. Thanks for spending your Spring Break with us, Ame! And, I'm sorry half of it was spent dealing with my whole eye incident...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...