Thursday, October 30, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Pictures in the Garden

I know that I have been awful at blogging recently. I have several excuses, but I'll spare you and just crank out a blog as an apology. 

The week before we moved to North Carolina was a whirlwind of activity and emotion. Lots of emotion (mostly from me...). To kind of assuage my feelings, I planned out Boston activities for each day of that last week. I already wrote about our kayaking adventure a little while ago (ok...a really long time ago). Today, rather than writing, I thought I'd post a bunch of pictures. 

My in-laws had come up to help with the move (THANK YOU, Boswells!) and were awesome about watching Claire, helping to pack, taking pictures of us, and just providing moral support. The day before we moved was a Sunday, but since our church didn't meet until evening, we had all morning and early afternoon to do Boston things. We spent the first part of the morning at the Boston Public Garden taking some pictures. 

I wrote about the Garden last year...after we accidentally showed up at the world's second largest rally for legalizing marijuana. Oi. We had been to the Garden many times after that, but on this last visit, I really wanted some family pictures. They're not professional or anything; just some shots of our family in a place that we really love. Claire was marginally cooperative. 


Make Way for Ducklings (it's a children's book for anyone who may not know) made the Garden famous, and there is a monument to the ducklings near the pond. I tried FOREVER to get a decent picture of Claire with those ducks. You would not believe how difficult that was. Actually, those of you with toddlers can probably imagine. 

I got a kick out of the ducks the week of the marathon- they each wore a tiny runner's bib. Ha!




We even saw real ducklings!

Claire refused to smile for these, but the background with the swan pond was nice. 


I love this shot of George Washington and part of the Boston skyline.




Claire spotted a swan on the pond.


She was very excited.


Pleased with herself for her discovery.

"Look what I found!"

She would not smile.



It was a great walk in the Garden on our next-to-last day in Boston. The weather was overcast, which was kind of a bummer, but the temperature was perfect. We really enjoyed our last day of walking through the Garden, and I felt like such a local- I gave <correct> directions to two different sets of tourists. I must have looked like a local, too, seeing as how they spotted me and obviously thought, "That girl looks like a local...let's ask her!" Yay, me! Also? I consider it a win that no marijuana was involved in this visit.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...