Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Little Miss Bossypants

Apparently, I tell Claire to sit down on her bottom a lot. 

I know this because yesterday we were at Target with some friends. We made big plans to meet up with my fellow mom friend and her two kids in the snack area (concession area? refreshments? what do we call that?) for the popcorn. Our idea of a good time does not require much these days.

Side story: we got free popcorn! Claire and I got there before the popcorn was popped, and she waited so patiently that the concessions gal gave her a free bag. Good girl, Bear!

Everyone sat so nicely and ate their popcorn so sweetly. Passersby were stopping to admire the kids and their good behavior. When they finished eating, we let them get up and walk around/play as little kids do. We moms kept an eye on them and kept on talking...until next thing I know, my friend's son was standing in his chair, and Claire was yelling (and pointing and shaking her finger), "Wichie (her version of his name)! Down! Bottom! Down! Bottom! Keh-Foo (careful)!" 

I got her to stop yelling and explained that she was not his mommy and didn't need to keep shouting. *I don't shout at her, by the way, when telling her to sit down on her bottom.

His mommy: "She is right, though. Down. On your bottom."

If Claire is going to insist on repeating things I say, why couldn't it be something nice? I say those things all the time! Although...these days, I sure do say "Down. On you bottom." an AWFUL lot.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love these Claire stories and they are only going to get better with time (and vocabulary development). And by better, I mean more fun for me, an observer.
I would also like to bring up the time Claire yelled "Amen" and attempted "Hallelujah," in church, at the correct moment but maybe not the correct volume. Totally something nice...and adorable. :)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...