Monday, March 2, 2015

Letter to my Little Bear: Year 2

Bear,

It's like I blinked and you turned two. I know people say this all the time, but it really feels like you were just born (p.s. I still resent those people who say that once you hold your baby you forget the pain. They lie. I remember, but it's ok because I love you.)...but at the same time, you've done a lot of living in the past year.

* You've visited Vermont, Maine, Pennsylvania, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina (and don't forget Massachusetts and North Carolina). You are already on your way to being well-traveled! 

Walking in Vermont.

Freezing in Maine.

Chillin' in Florida.

At the top of Bunker Hill. You worked so hard to get to the top, girlfriend.

* You've moved from scooting (SAD! I loved that!) to walking to running and jumping. You didn't start walking until you were 19 months old. People thought I was a slow walker, waiting until 15 months. You, my dear, really like to shoot for the stars in the record-setting department. (The walking thing was very similar to how you didn't cut a single tooth until you were 13 months. None. Bless.)


* You said farewell to your paci at 19 months (and you were a champ about it, by the way). We were a little sad to pack away your Wubbanub because of how terribly cute you were with it. But, we are so proud of how you just rolled with the punches. 


* You started talking. A LOT. I try to video you talking as much as I can because you just say the BEST things. Sometimes it makes sense...other times, it doesn't make sense, but it is awesome anyway. Here are some current favorites:


-Yucky dirty! (This is said most often in the bathroom- not because our bathrooms are dirty but because I don't want her to touch anything.)


-Bless you, Mommy. (This was said unprompted after I sneezed today.)


-Careful! (She says this a lot because I say this A LOT.)


-'Dios (This is short for "videos" and means that she wants to watch videos of herself on Instagram.)


-Fins (This means "friends." It's adorable how much she uses it.)


-Yay, Duke! (We've been working on this one.)


-Squeakin' (This is what she says when she does this annoying shriek-y thing. I called it "squeaking" one time, and apparently, that term stuck.)

-Hee ya go, Mommy/toe/ball. (What she says when she hands anything to anybody...or anything. Examples: hands me a piece of food she doesn't want to eat or puts a sticker on Brad's toe. Hee ya go, Mommy. Hee ya go, Toe.)

-Fyin' (This means "flying." You say it when you are balancing on anything and hike your feet up in the air. It's hilarious.)


-Where going? (Where are you going?)


-Mommy! Comin'? (Mommy, are you coming? You must say this 1,000 times to do it correctly.)

-Cuppy-up (This means caterpillar.)

-Poppy-up (This means Penelope, the name of one of your bears.)

-Stoo! (This means you really want to play on the step stool.)

-Helpuh (Helper...this means you want to help me with chores. You actually are quite a helpful little thing on occasion.)

-No no no! I fine! (This is most often said when you don't want to do/eat something that I have told you to.)

-Mommy...Monkey schoo bus? (Mommy, can I watch The Magic Schoolbus?)

-Sweepin' (You are sweeping with your toy broom.)

-Hi buhd! (Hi bird! You love the bird feeder on our window. We have a cardinal that comes everyday, and we love him.)

The fact that you're talking so much now has opened a new window into your little personality and thoughts. It makes knowing what you like and don't like really clear. Things you don't like (in no uncertain terms): green foods, being told "no," having your teeth brushed (as opposed to brushing them yourself), and not being picked up the very second that you demand it. 

Things you love: Frozen and Carsmusy (music), climbing the "Steps Side" (steps and slide) at Chick-Fil-A, snow, bubbles, coloring, stickers, playing kitchen, playing with Bitty Baby, Curious George, our fireplace (Hi Fie!), dress-up (gasses/glasses, baselets/bracelets, hats, scoffs/scarves), bath time, washing dishes, and talking to family members on the phone.

I really love that you sing and hum all the time. The songs you tend to sing the most are the "Bye Bye" song (which changes all the time, based on who you are saying bye to), ABCDEFG (the alphabet song), and Yessa (Jesus loves me). I also love that you're starting to pretend when you play by yourself. My favorite was recently when you found a piece of fuzz and came to tell me that it was a cuppy-up. You really love The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and you were excited to find your very own. I was tickled to death, watching you keep it safe, make it fly, and talk to it. I'm so excited to see your mind start to work like this!


I really love this phase of your life. Especially when you want me to hold you and hug you. I know it won't last forever, so I'm trying to soak up all the adorable times (and not let the less-than-adorable times overwhelm me...it's hard sometimes. I have to be honest, Bear.). 


Daddy and I think you are just the absolute best. And, yes, we do sometimes watch you sleep all curled up in your jammies. Because you're so cute. We can't help ourselves. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAR!

And now, some favorite pictures from this year:








































No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...