Monday, March 23, 2015

A Helper.

A couple weeks ago, I was working on putting together our "instant oatmeal" packets and was letting Claire help. She LOVES to be a helpuh. When I give her specific instructions and show her what to do, she can actually help quite a bit. I think one of the reasons she likes to help, though, is that I let her stand on our kitchen stool.

While she was helping me make the oatmeal packets, she got a little enthusiastic about stirring and splashed quite a bit out onto the counter and floor. I needed to clean it up pretty quickly, as we have had an ant issue lately, which meant that I needed her to hop down so I could move the stool. 

Oh goodness.

The tears that flowed forth. It was pitiful because she was crying while wailing, "A HELPUH! A HELPUH, MOMMY!"

What kind of mother forces her child to stop being a helper?? 

Oi. At least I know she loves to be a helper. Can't beat that.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...