Saturday, August 15, 2015

Around here lately: August 2015 edition

Oh my goodness. Claire. She is such a mess. A talking, busy, hilarious mess. I'm not even sure I can remember all the hilarious (or, at least we find them hilarious) things that she does and says. Here are a few, a mere drop in the bucket:


The first real piggy tails.


(while assembling an arching section of her train track) "RAINBOW!"




(anytime we pass an American flag) "A-meh-can fwag!"


Watching planes from the observation deck while waiting for Daddy to land.


Early in the summer, Brad played us some songs from his running playlist, and one of the songs was "Honey, I'm good" by Andy Grammer. She LOVES it (don't worry, we cough loudly over the three swear words). She dances like a wild thing and anticipates what's coming next, saying things like, "Are you ready, Mommy?? Here it comes!!"


Wearing the 'mingo shirt.


(when asking permission to do something) May I wanna ____?

(while cooking at her kitchen) "I making you supper, daddy."


Da-Ta!


"Craze-on" (translation: crayons)

"Mommy, it's Lightning McQueen. Ka-CHOW!" (Imagine a saucy hand-on-hip situation)


Posing with Mr. Bunny at a local donut shop.


"Bo-tex" (Claire's name for Texas. She calls it Bo-tex because Bo, her Aunt Amiee, lives in Texas)




"Cofaganana" (translation: North Carolina. Bless)




A strange but endearing past time: carrying on conversations with her toes.

She's recently started pretending, and it's awesome. She makes up storylines for her dolls, cars, and stuffed animals. In a very telling maneuver, she puts a lot of them in time out.

"Chick away! Mr. Cow!" (translation: Chick-fil-A! Mr. Cow!)



Dressed up for Cow Appreciation day.

Mr. Cow!



(after taking all the pillows on my freshly-made bed and rearranging them) "It's better now, Mommy. I making a tall tower."


Tower collapse


"Pocseeul" (translation: popsicle)


Popsicle on the Panda towel. Note: this popsicle was in celebration of a very big potty training milestone. Just look at that face. We were partying.


(on a morning while Brad was in Michigan and I was recovering from a middle-of-the-night migraine by letting Claire watch "Curious George" on my Kindle in my bed) "Mommy, you wanna build a snowman?" *Please imagine her pulling up one of my eyelids and getting very close to my face.


Favorite past time at Home Depot.


(when hiding under blankets/pillows/piles of laundry) "Where's Care?"
(she answers her own question) "I found me."

(when bumping into the railing post at the foot of the stairs) "Excuse me, stairs."

"You wanna biiiite?"





"Let me get annuver book." (said many times throughout the day)




"Pwaygwom" (translation: playground)




"Picky you" (translation: peek-a-boo)

Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried, y'all.


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...