Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Around here lately: November 2016 edition

I’m going to measure those three lights since they blinked out. She decided that “measuring” the burnt out lightbulbs (with a yardstick) would fix the problem.

Can I watch Snoofy, Mommy? Snoopy.

Look, Mommy! Jesus is going back to glory! While watching “Superbook.”

I love hugging Lily. I want to keep her forever.

After Brad asked Lily to please stop growing up: She has to keep growing. You can’t ask her to stop, Daddy.

I just love that song and want it to stay with me. Referring to the theme song from “The West Wing.”


This is NOT a beautiful day anymore. It has turned into nighttime.

Where’s LILY BOO BOO?

That’s a very nice room. Referring to the Oval Office (on “The West Wing”).

You’re my favorite girl, Mommy. And Lily is my other favorite girl.

Claire: One day, will you drop me off at the airport?
Erin: Where will you go?
Claire: To see TAKIA in MINNESOTA!

Said to Brad while eating Brad’s homemade donuts: My nose is itchy. Could you un-itch it since I’m holding my donut?


Daddy, you’re startling me. Said in a diva-esque voice, while Brad worked on getting the fireplace working.

After I asked her about why we celebrate Thanksgiving: We talk about things and we take care of people and I care about you.

Claire: Why are my sunglasses broken?
Erin: Because you stepped on them.
Claire: Why did I do that?
Erin: I don’t know. Why do you think?
Claire: Because of true love. (she had been thinking about “Frozen” that morning)

Did I do the thing just right to take a nap so I’ll feel good at church? We’ve had a very unfortunate relapse with nursery at church, as a result of Claire not taking a nap one afternoon and then having a meltdown at church. Thus, she asks- almost every day- if she did what she supposed to this time.

I’m getting itchy, but I can’t scratch with my hands because they’re sticky. Elbow thinks he can do it.


I made some sun! said after opening the bathroom door, allowing sunlight to filter into the bedroom.

Bye, and thanks for talking! If you need anything, just come downstairs. Said to Brad, as she left his office on the 3rd floor.

After spotting a cobweb on our ceiling: No webs allowed in here!

While driving through the tunnels in the mountains around Asheville:
Erin: What are you doing, Claire?
Claire: I’m trying to spot another hole we can go in. (tunnel)

Following my dad’s truck on our way to dinner, Dad made it through a light that we got stopped at:
Stop, Poppy’s truck, stop! Wait for us! It’s getting away, Daddy!


Why did that thing grow taller? (referring to an overpass)

The babber of towel. (the tower of Babel)

After blowing her nose: I got all the runny out.

Watching my Dad trying to wrangle the cats into their crates for a trip to the vet for shots: Oh, I know, Robey. It’s ok. Remember when I got my flu shot? I was so brave! You’ll be ok!

The night before a breakfast date with my dad:
I want to go to bed and go to sleep and wake up so we can go on our DATE!


Oh no, Winnie! Elphie is getting away! Let's go get her! Winnie and Elphie are Amiee's dog and cat. They were very good sports about playing with Claire.

Poppy, are you doing a good job not getting pizza sauce in your hair? Yes, he was. She, however, was not doing as great a job.

Claire: Mommy, are you marrying Daddy in this picture? 
Erin: Yes.
Claire continues looking at the double frame of pictures from my wedding, points to the other picture in the frame.
Claire: And are you marrying Nana and Bo?
Erin: Um, no. That's not how it works.


While you're gone to get your hair cut, I'm going to be good good good for Nana and Bo!

I saved the tissues! She rescued them from Elphie the Cat's clutches.

Would you guys get the spicy out of my mouth? Would you make the spicy colder?

Oh Elphie, you're so beautiful and precious!

Back up, Elphie. Back up, baby.

Oh, Winnie! No being wild!

If I don't decorate for the party, the party won't be made!

So does me! (So do I)


Bo, you're too tall for me. You got in my way!

He blowed in my face!

We tried to call Gran, but she wasn't a-babe-able.

COWS! They're so happy they have water and their grass.

What's that pink? (or brown or blue or white...it's her way of asking what something is; she just calls it by it's color)

The woman is Gran, and Gran is my friend! I really want to hold her.

I losed my shoe! Like Cinderella.

Holding up her dog named Genevieve (from Madeline) Mommy, is this the noblest dog in France?

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...