Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Little house update

We've finally gotten around to getting our house decorated and functional. I already wrote a while back about our Lucy/Ricky bed situation, but I never updated on the rest of the house. Most of our furniture has been lent to us or given to us; there's no way we could have outfitted our house so nicely. Approximately 94% of our furnishings and decorations were not purchased by us. How fortunate are we?

Our kitchen doesn't have enough cabinet/storage space for all of our stuff, so we have to keep some of it out on the counter. Here's my attempt at storing it "artfully." Note: I'm aware that it's not nearly as "artful" as I fancy it being.

This is super blurry, but here's about as much of our kitchen as I could get into a shot. The pictures on the wall are pictures of food from our wedding. They turned out looking really good! Technically, this is a legitimate attempt at artistry.

Amiee isn't exactly a permanent fixture in the living room...actually, she's taking summer classes here, so she kind of is a permanent fixture. She would have had all her statistics stuff all over the couch with her, but I made her move it out of the shot. She's a good sport.

We have these very long, bare walls that I recently got covered up with pictures. Score for me. This is Brad's side of the hallway.

This is my side. I have more pictures. Totally coincidental...

Wall in the guest room. The painted stripes at the top were there when we moved in. We're working around them.

That's most of the house. The hall bathroom is pretty awesome, but I can't find my picture of it currently. Brad's and my bathroom is currently unphotographed. I may work on that sometime soon. We'll see.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Giving me some good ideas. I love the food from your wedding in the kitchen on the wall. And really like the photos along the hallway too. Looks really nice!

Erin said...

Thanks, Peggy! I pretty much love the hall pictures/kitchen pictures the most. They're my favorites!

bo said...

For the record - one of my first thoughts when I saw your "artful" arrangement of dishes on your kitchen counter was "Oh, cool! This is very Real Simple-esque. I wish I had those decorating skills." So I give you an A+ on your artfulness :)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...