Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I've turned into a Mom.

I've been a little out-of-pocket lately. To make amends for my out-of-pocketness, I thought I'd share a few day-in-the-life gems with y'all.

Recently, I've had a few moments that really hit home that I'm a mom. You'd think I'd have realized this fact long before now... but it was just last week that I had a "huh...it's real" moment. Claire had a gross cold that involved a lot of runny nose and snargle sounds and crankiness. It was just not the most fun ever. It did, however, make for some sweet snuggle time. She would snuggle her head down on my shoulder, and it was so precious. 

Until I found large sections of dried snot all over the shoulders of my t-shirt. 

And the chewed up, dried, and cemented Cheerio that got stuck in a wrinkle of my t-shirt. 

Wow. So glamorous.

It was one of those moments that I've read about from other bloggers or heard about from other moms. I hoped I'd never experience those particular moments. But I now have. Does that mean I'm initiated now?

Also, I'm a stay-at-home, semi-working mom, which means that I'm home with Claire all day. I love it and am so grateful for the opportunity. However, it also means that I spend my day talking to a baby. We talk about colors and animals and actions. We work on pulling up and clapping and waving. I am always and forever giving positive reinforcement and affirmation.

I didn't realize how much a part of my being this had become until the other night when Brad handed me something I'd asked for, and I said...

"Good girl!"

Yeah. I did. To my fully-grown, male spouse. <hangs head in shame>

Merry Christmas Eve, friends.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...