Thursday, April 3, 2014

After a short hiatus...

...I am back in the blogosphere.

I realize that I haven't blogged in a little over a week, so that's by no means my longest hiatus. This hiatus was a break with a purpose, though, whereas many of my blogging breaks are just because I got busy or lazy or something. Or just wasn't creative enough to come up with something interesting to write about.

This break, though, was a Lenten exercise. Our church, as I've mentioned before, is Anglican and follows the Church calendar, which includes the observance of Lent. Fasting is not required, but it is encouraged as a way of preparing our hearts for Easter. Most people choose an area of life in which to fast (like food, media, caffeine, anything whose absence you would notice), but the church community also has a suggested weekly fast that we all do together. Last week was social media, which included blogs. Do you KNOW how many blogs I read?? I also abstained from writing, obviously. It was a good exercise. 

Also, like last year, different folks at church are asked to write short little reflections about each day's scripture readings. If you'd like to check them out, here's a link to our church's blog. Yesterday's was written by a good friend of ours!

So, now I should be back up and running here on the blog. Hopefully...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...