Thursday, August 21, 2014

Throwback Thursday: The School of Theology and Ministry

I have so many things from Boston that I never got posted before we moved, but I can't bring myself to discard the pictures or thoughts and comments I had just because we aren't there anymore. So, here's my first throwback to life in Boston.

One day in May, Claire and I headed up to BC to take Brad a slushie while he studied. It was a gorgeous day (even though gorgeous spring days make both Claire and me sneeze like crazy), which was great fun, seeing as how winter in Boston was incredibly long this year. Oi. I took some shots of our walk for your viewing pleasure. And some patented Erin commentary, of course.

Little tidbit: Brad received an MTS from the STM at BC. Translation: Brad received a Master of Theological Studies from the School of Theology and Ministry at Boston College. Nice, right?

At the corner of our block. Brad walked this sidewalk daily, rain (er...snow) or shine. That's right: he walked to school, even in inches, nay, feet of snow. Rock star? I think so.

The intersection of Chestnut Hill and Comm. Ave., two major streets for our part of town. Also, the walk/don't walk signs at this intersection? Unpredictable and maddening. Good news is that people won't run over the gal pushing a stroller. 


In our part of town, the train tracks run down the middle of the street. It takes some getting used to to stand in the middle of the road, on a tiny strip of concrete, waiting for a train.

So pretty...especially after six months of winter. It was like Narnia, folks (don't get me wrong: I LOVE Narnia).

Apartments and apartments and apartments.

This building always had lovely landscaping.

Claire liked it when these blossoms rained down on her.

The driveway entrance to the Cardinal's residence on campus (the cardinal doesn't actually live there...they just have functions there).

Extremely old cemetery across from the STM. Old, as in 1600's.


Buildings on the STM's campus.

Caddy corner from the STM's campus is the main campus of BC. 

Picturesque view of the STM.

The church on BC's campus. Lovely.

I wish I had a picture of the ugly, ugly STM library for you. Alas. Here's a description that Brad used: the library looks like the architect was inspired by Darth Vader's helmet. Isn't that a visual?

Next up: a lot of back-logged posts from the past few weeks. Oi. We've done a lot of living, and I am way behind on the chronicling thereof.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please tell me though....BC's library, Darth Vader inspired or not, HAS to better than the current Union library with falling mildewy tiles, right??

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...