Sunday, May 22, 2016

Lily and the odds and ends

There are so many things about Lily's birth and the subsequent weeks that I'd love to document well so that I have a record in years to come. I'm not sure if documenting everything would even be possible, but I'm doing what I can during my waking hours (I should have Brad double check the things I write...I'm pretty sleep-deprived these days. Who knows what kind of crazy might emerge?).

Here are some odds and ends that I don't want to forget: 

We had the most wonderful nurses at the hospital: Laura, Reagan, Lawanda, Calyn, Claire, Stephanie, Sandy, and Pam. They dealt with all of the gross post-partum things, brought me medicine and ice and graham crackers, helped me deal with my migraines, and raved about how sweet and pretty my baby was. Laura and Reagan were so encouraging and capable during my c-section. Calyn dealt with my second round of frightening clots/blood loss and remained super calm and reassuring. Stephanie and Sandy were so kind and attentive to me during some bad migraines. I just had wonderful women taking care of me through the days and nights and am so grateful. Thank you, nurses, for all you do!

My parents ordered the most beautiful roses that brightened up my hospital room and were a great reminder that I'm loved!





My Bible study small group leader and her little girl dropped by the hospital with a jar of flowers from her garden + ridiculously yummy cookies. There's no picture of the cookies because I dealt with those bad boys ASAP (or maybe I should say STAT since I was in a hospital).




The hospital is located about 2 blocks from a Chick-Fil-A, and when patients are discharged from Mother/Baby, they are given two free sandwich vouchers to CFA! You better believe that we stopped there for lunch on the way home (and CFA took care of the rest of our bill after seeing that we'd just left the hospital). SO NICE!

Our church set up a meal train for us. I was so humbled by it; the schedule was set for three times a week for three weeks. Y'all. Only one of those slots wasn't filled. We were so blessed by so many folks, some that we already knew and some that we didn't. Blacknall took such good care of us.

Our neighbors have been incredibly kind to us, as well. We've been given gifts by three of them and a chicken pot pie, as well. We live in a neighborhood comprised primarily of older couples, most of whom have grandchildren that live elsewhere. Claire is a favorite for this reason, and now Lily has joined the ranks. We're very thankful that our children open up opportunities to get to know our neighbors better.

We've also had a sweet time having good friends over to visit and meet Lily. And just hang out with us in general. The Boswells are facing a rough summer of having quite a few friends move away, some expected and some very unexpected. All hard. So, we're trying to make the most of the time we have. (I'm trying to be adult about it, but in reality, it's breaking my heart and making me want to cry in the corner. I need prayer, guys. And chocolate. And new friends now...)

Some of our favorites. We're so excited for their opportunity to go to Notre Dame, but we will MISS them! So much. I can't talk about it.


Happy for you, friends, but I really wish I could keep you.

Very recent but very dear friends who are headed to Texas in a few (very short) weeks.

Lily's first few doctors appointments have gone very well! She's gaining weight like a champ, and I'm quite proud. Claire had to go for tons of weight checks when she was this small, so it's nice that we don't have to do that this time. They have us take her diaper off every time she's weighed, and she soaks the table every single time. Bless her.


Getting checked out.

She's just not sure about this.

Claire was so excited to help give "Wiwwy" her first bath. We're doing our best to involve Claire in as many Lily things as possible, hoping to create positive feelings and connections between Claire and Lily. Bath time has definitely been a favorite for Claire.

Prepping for bath time. Claire was helping with the towel.

Lily's spa day.

Family affair.



Helping to dry Wiwwy's hair. We're all still in shock that she even has hair, truth be told.

Our first month with Lily has been so very good. We've had our wonderful parents here for so much of the time, which has been incredibly helpful, but also so sweet, knowing they're getting to spend time with our girls. Our moms, in particular, have been so selfless and giving of their time and energy. And BOY does it take a lot of energy to keep up with Claire! They've also made meals for us and stocked our freezer. I'll admit it: I cry a little when they leave (I blame it partially on post-partum hormones, though). We've also had wonderful friends send us the sweetest gifts and words of encouragement. So far, we've gotten goodies in the mail from Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, and Virginia. We have the BEST people in our lives and are so grateful (I'm looking at you, Mrs. Tidwell, Biermans, and Amanda! Hugs!). 

I know I'm gushing. It cannot be helped. I'm just so thankful.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...