Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lily meets the Family

Our families are actually the very best. I've written before about how great my mom and mother-in-law have been about taking care of us while I was pregnant. They each came to Durham multiple times to make us food, do our laundry, chase Claire, and provide general encouragement. I'm just not sure how we would have all survived without them (not to be too dramatic). Lily's arrival and the weeks following have been no exception.

My mom got here a week before Lily's arrival (just in case Lily came early), and my dad got into town the day before the c-section. On the day of Lily's arrival, Brad's mom drove over and arrived around lunch time. So, on her birthday, Lily was able to meet 3 out of 4 grandparents + one very excited big sister. How fantastic is that?


Hi, Lily!

I love this picture. Claire's face of concern and shocked suspicion is priceless.

But she gave Baby Sister a kiss despite her concerns.

Even though there is a lot of glare, I really love this picture with Gran and Brad.

With Poppy.


With Nana. Everyone wearing pink.



I was discharged from the hospital on Monday after a weekend hospital stay, and my sister was at my house on Tuesday to meet Lily. Amiee, who is a full-time graduate student at Baylor (in TEXAS). She had a job interview in Georgia, and on her way back to Texas, she had a layover in Charlotte. As she was landing in Charlotte, she had the idea to skip out on her connection to Dallas, rent a car, drive to Durham for the afternoon, and catch a flight from Raleigh to Dallas instead. How crazy and awesome, right? She was literally in Durham for about 3 hours; she played with Claire, snuggled with Lily, took a quick shower, and headed to the airport. #BOisawesome


All smiles.

But this is a more realistic representation of them.

Don't mind me...I was on drugs.

A week after Lily was born, Gran, Grandpa, and Ray-Ray came over for the weekend! 


With Grandpa.


With Ray-Ray.


We totally bribed Claire with M & M's to get her to cooperate for this picture. I'm not even a little bit ashamed about that.

So far, the only close relatives (outside of great-grandparents, great-aunts and uncles, and cousins) that Lily hasn't been able to meet is Uncle Tim. Not too shabby, Lily, not too shabby (note: she'll meet Tim in just a few more weeks). Thank you, family, for coming to celebrate with us! It was so special to have all of you here. 

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...