Sunday, July 17, 2016

Around here lately: June 2016 edition

June was a very busy, travel-y month for us (some fun, some sad), but Claire did not disappoint and came up with quite a few quotables.

Mommy, can I have the reg-ee-o ones? (regular ones. She actually was getting the regular Cheerios. I believe she meant that she wanted Honey Nut Cheerios. Bless it.)

I’ll be ok without a top. (on her cup. Well, then.)

I wuv my neighbors! (after we visited some older neighbors of ours. The husband has dementia and had also had a bad fall, so we went by to see how they were doing. She really enjoys visiting.)

(at the grocery store, eating samples in the bakery)
Erin: This is angel food cake.
Claire: It’s what ANGELS EAT!

Part of our daily going-down-for-nap routine includes putting Lily down next to Claire while I sing a few songs. Claire LOVES it.

I thought that was a gooooood party! (when leaving our friends’, Katie and Michael, house after having a farewell pizza dinner)

I’m so happy that the music and cookie are here. (again, after leaving Katie’s and Michael’s house. She was referring to the music playing in our van + the cookie that Katie sent home with her for later.)

Can the cookie sleep with me? (yet again, referring to the cookie Katie sent home with her from the “party.” This was a big night for Claire. And no, I did not let the cookie sleep with her. I have to draw the line somewhere.)

Watching the cookies bake with Mrs. Katie.

There is TOO MUCH rain, Mommy! (she really means “so much” here, but I really love the “too much,” so I’m not correcting her yet.)

Look, Mommy! I got many! (referring to a handful of crayons after I had instructed her to get several so that she’d have choices.)

Uh oh! Takia is getting away! We better go catch him. (Tim was just trying to go upstairs and brush his teeth.)

(blowing bubbles while waiting for everyone else to wake up and go down to the beach)
Erin: Where do you think the bubbles are going?
Claire: To their own families!

Gran, are you happy? That I’m here?

The beach is my friend! Can we go see my friend the beach?

Helping in the kitchen

Hey Grandpa…you shut me out! (after Bill closed the back door of the beach house behind himself)

(drinking pink lemonade)
<long sigh>
This is totally delicious!

(pointing to Tim)
That’s Takia. He’s a doctor.

Erin: What’s Grandpa riding?
Claire: Um, his tricycle!
(it was his motorcycle)

Erin: You caught it?
Claire: Yes, and I catched it.

Can I play with my bubble gung? (bubble gun)

She likes to pretend that this little frog is Pascal (the chameleon) from Tangled.

It might escape. We don’t want that! (a crab that Tim caught at the beach)

Poppy is sad that Grammy died. I’m going to give him hugs and kisses to make him feel better! (this plan works, guys)

My legs are trying to go somewhere. (when her legs got wrapped up in the sheets of the bed and she wanted to stretch them out)

Donuts on National Donut Day

You look beautiful in that dress! (compliment given to the little girl sitting next to her at the table in Costco when we stopped for lunch while traveling to Alabama)

Mommy, is this my POOP COOKIE? (a cookie received after pooping in the potty. Not some other kind of cookie, y’all. C’mon.)

You’re a princess! (out of the blue, spoken to our friend, Laura Kay)

The princess herself.

I’m Princess Racecar. (announced to someone who came to Grammy’s visitation. I have no idea where it came from.)

Several people at the visitation: Hi, Claire. How are you?
Claire: We lost five sheep.
(in an effort to keep Claire occupied at the funeral home, Brad started telling her Bible stories, including the parable of the Lost Sheep. Claire took it and ran with it. Literally. She started frolicking around the chapel, chasing after imaginary lost sheep. And then she announced the situation to folks when they greeted her.)



(to me, as Lily was crying once)
Claire: Mommy did you feed her?
Erin: Yes.
Claire: Did you burp her?
Erin: Yes, I did.
Claire: Did you change her diaper?
Erin: Yep.
Claire: I don’t know what’s wrong with her, Mommy.

Anyone, at any time: What time is it, Claire?
Claire: 12:41.

I saw the bug lights! (lightening bugs)

The sun is so bright, and you’re awake about that.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...