Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Around here lately: July 2016 edition

More Claire shenanigans and antics. They never end.

Look, Mommy! It's a balloon hanging onto a boat! (referring to some folks parasailing at the beach)

Oh! There are such beautiful sprinkles in the sky! (fireworks)

Just finding out about a date with Daddy.


to the ticket agent at the airport: My name is Claire. (puts hand on heart and bows head solemnly)

Would you help me how to do that one day? (fixing my hair)

I'm going to slide down to the beach on my Rapunzel hair.


Watching Tangled with her crown and her Pascal.

I want to swim in the little puddle, not the beach puddle. (pool rather than ocean, obviously)

I'm sure that's a lot of _____! (fill in the blank with whatever there is a lot of)

What's wrong, Wiwwy? Tell me, tell me!

I'm sorry I can't give you your paci, Wiwwy, but I'm in my seat. (car seat problems)

Oh Wiwwy, you're so cuuuuuute!


Acing her Potions O.W.L.'s or learning about cloud formation? Who's to say?

Claire: This bear is so beautiful! (no it's not. It's janky and tattered.)
Erin: It was Poppy's.
Claire: And now it's mine! no it's not. It's mine now.)

It's a little down... (the volume of the tv)

I'm eating my smooooov. (smoothie)

You will break my house! (she meant heart)


We never seem to have enough pictures of us together.

"...in the presence of my ems..." ("in the presence of my enemies" Ps. 23)

Mommy, you wook bee-you-uh-full!

Mmm, I like squish cheese! (Swiss cheese)

I like your wittle piggies, Wiwwy. (piggies = toes)

Either playing Goldilocks or learning about ratios. You can decide.


"Say goodbyeeeee to the paint on the past" ("say goodbye to the pain of the past," lyrics from a song in Frozen)

Queendom (her word for kingdom)

Today? Now? (asked immediately after being told that something- anything- is going to happen)

Erin: Did you like your spaghetti?
Claire: Well, I like it a little bit. But not too much.

Holy Hinges! (a quote from an episode of Curious George, but I it took me for-ev-er to figure that out. I was very concerned about this development until I figured it out.)


Morning snuggles.

I don't want to weave without Wiwwy. (on her way out the door to spend a week at Brad's parents. She decided she didn't want to leave Lily behind. My heart melted a little bit.)

Mommy, I'm going to miss you in Tennessee, and I'm going to come back to you! (again, on her way out the door to the Boswells')

I snapped this while she was eating pizza and watching Singin' In The Rain for the first time.


I was trying to push the tree into the creek, but it wouldn't cooperate. (she tried her hand at rolling a dead, fallen tree into the creek in the Boswells' backyard, and when she relayed this story to other family members later, this was her summary.)

Look, Mommy! You got married! I want to get married like you. (upon seeing a wedding picture of Brad and me)


Boswell girls.

Hm. Let me think about that. (her response to suggestions that she doesn't really like. She's trying to be a diplomat.)

Look, it's a spider. (Claire does this thing where, in a moment in which she'd like to divert attention from something she did/didn't do/shouldn't have done, she holds her hand up like a bear claw and calls it a spider. She is the master of this move, although Brad and I have used it with each other on occasion.)

Mommy, will you say, "Where's that Claire Bear mole?" (this is a daily request. We have a book about several different animals, which includes a mole. Until reading this book, she had no idea what a mole was and was, apparently, quite taken with the mole. So, when she hides under her covers or behind the shower curtain, she'll ask me to ask this kind of odd question. Bless it.)

My very favorites.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...