Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Around here lately: August 2016 edition

It's a long one, folks. She was full of all kinds of words this month!

(driving out of the Boswells' driveway on the way to AL): Bye, Gran! Nana, say "bye" to Gran.

(driving into HSV on 565): Nana, do you see those buildings? That's HUNTSVILLE!

(to my dad): Your truck is very huge!

(referring to a stuffed animal): It's a kowawa bear.

Fingers out of mouth. Paci good. (Brad tells Lily, "Fingers bad. Paci good." Claire got it close enough.)

At least Brad was giving me a real smile.


Oh, I'll get it because I'm BIG!

Mommy, can you move yourself so I can see?

(referring to a glittery card): It's sprinkly with sprinkles!

Big girls poop in the potty. Dogs poop outside. (all of the grandparents have dogs, so she was getting a lot of opportunity to observe this theory of hers.)

See you when you wake up! (what she says to anyone who is tucking her into bed)

I want to fly in a rocket to go see Bo and Winnie. (Huntsville is very NASA-y and has a lot of rockets. Claire was quite taken with them.)

We made these flowers to put in our pretend lake- just like Rapunzel does in Tangled.


'And all the glittering starry host...in my gallery!' (this is a mixture of "Fairest Lord Jesus" and a song from Tangled that she sang to herself while falling asleep.)

At my haircut, is he going to get the chicken out of my hair? (this took a minute to figure out, but we finally decided that she was referring to when she brushed her hand through her hair at breakfast, disregarding the Chick-fil-a residue on her fingers.)

(while watching the countries walk in during the opening ceremonies, waving their flags): HOSANNA!

(calling Winnie): Wiwwy...nie!

People, Lily is a girl who went to the beach with Nana and Poppy. And Bo is changing her diaper! (guys...I do not even know.)

Once upon a time, a single drop from the sun made a magic golden flower FOR A SNACK! (the sun-drop-magic-flower thing is from Tangled. The "for a snack" thing...I don't know what that is.)

"Strings of mercy/never ceasing" (she got a little confused on the words from Come Thou Fount. We sing it to her every few days, and I promise we say "stream.")

To help curb the incessant questioning about when we're doing ______, I help Claire make paper chains. We take off one link each day, and I promise you it actually helps. This one is counting down to our next trip to Johnson City.


The Alabama house. (i.e. my parents' house)

Erin (asking how she wanted her hair fixed): Do you want a pony, piggies, or piggy buns?
Claire: I want cake!

Mommy, I told Lily to stop crying and to feel better, and she diiiiiiid!

Lily is crying. I will pray for her. (this is actually her response very often when Lily is crying. We love it.)

Would you take care of Lily and then come and get me? (at my parents' house, I forgot to turn on Lily's monitor during nap one day, resulting in Lily crying and crying, waking Claire up, and prompting Claire to ask me- through her monitor- to take care of Lily. #momoftheyear)

Got you, little fella. (said to a rogue ball)

I bumped my noggin.

I'm stirring soup. And peanut butter and a honey sandwich. (in her play kitchen. Interesting menus.)

Burp, Lily! BURP BURP BURP! (Lily tends to have a little trouble burping after eating, so Claire cheers her on.)

Look at my crackles. (freckles)

Playing in the mist (for watering plants) up at Duke. 


I think I will wait patiently. There is the rocket. It is way far but we are going. (this was a funny stream of consciousness she had while driving through Huntsville one day. And there really is a rocket at the Space and Rocket Center. She wasn't making that part up.)

I am disappointed that Nana won't get my car for me. (in fairness to Nana, she had gotten Claire's toy car for her when buckling her into her car seat, but Claire had acted ugly and knocked it away. It was at that point that Nana refused to get it for her. Justifiably.)

I'm going to do the right direction that Nana tells me. (this was shortly after the Nana-won't-get-my-car incident. She was attempting repentance.)

I'm going to behave back to Nana. (see above)

That is the United States on the truck of America. (we were next to some sort of service van at a red light. There was an American flag on the van. Thus, the truck of America.)

The skeeto got me. (pointing out a bug bite)

Good job, me!

Good morning, Miss Wiwwy! (she greets Lily like this most mornings. It's terribly terribly sweet.)

Oh golly! It's a mess. And it's broken. (in reference to a house on Fixer Upper.)

I'll make sure Daddy has a good time. (I can't remember where they were going, but Claire was on fun duty.)

I walked into the living room to find it completely trashed...and Claire just planking on the footstool. Not sure why...


You win the winner. YAAAAY!

With God, all things are possible for flowers. (I'm not sure how flowers play into things, but she's on the right track, generally speaking.)

Come back, GHOOOOOOOST! (I was so confused by this one for a while because we do NOT do ghosts. I figured out she was actually meaning to say "goats," because there is a Curious George where they chase goats around a farm. Mystery solved.)

You're my best feeder buddy. (to me at a picnic where I was divvying up the food on my plate for the two of us.)

Here's a piece of Christ. (at church, there's a part of the service where we "pass the peace"/"greet each other with the peace of Christ." Claire really loves that part, but apparently, we need to work on our homophones.)

I have many words. (we were talking about how a younger friend of ours doesn't talk as much as Claire does. That he doesn't know as many words. Claire recognized that she has many words, and BOY is she right.)

How am I ever going to get it back? (I think this was in reference to something we took away as a form of discipline.)

This is an emergency! (in reference to spilling water on her church dress. We weren't actually present for this little moment; her Sunday school teacher told us about it later. Clearly, we need to work on our definition of "emergency.")

I can play princess here. (*spins around while saying "princess!")

Hi, Lily Cake! (Lily's middle name is Catherine, so we sometimes call her Lily Cate. And Claire says Cake.)

I want that cake when I got married. (Claire has been very interested in weddings/getting married recently. She's especially been taken with a picture of our wedding cake. She literally licks her lips while talking about it.)

I'll be back next month with the next installment of the crazy things Claire says!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...