Sunday, July 2, 2017

Last Lilly Supper and Our Solo (+ Jared) Day in Krakow

Supper on the evening of our trip to the salt mine was our last (group) supper in Krakow/with the Lilly cohort before their fellowship officially ended. And goodness did it end with a showstopper! We returned to a restaurant that we had eaten at a few days earlier but were taken upstairs to what, I can only assume, is their banquet (SUPER FANCY) dining rooms. 

It was genuinely spectacular. 

The room itself was beautiful, and the food was outstanding. We literally had a five-course meal. I don't have pictures of everything (and about half of the pictures were taken by Piotr...all of the food pictures, I think), but you should get a good idea of what the meal was like based on the pictures I do have. 

So. Much. Food. 






Brad had told me that eating together was a big part of their cohort's M.O., but I was still underprepared for the experience. But don't get me wrong: it was awesome. I loved all the food, and I also loved the conversation. This meal lasted a full 3.5 hours, so I got some good conversation in, primarily with Sonja (cohort member), Jordan (cohort member), and Ashley (Jordan's wife). It was such a great evening and a really wonderful way to bookend The Fellows' time (I say that as an outsider). 

Also, at the end of the evening, they brought around shots, but they brought juice to the pregnant ladies in our group and me (not pregnant) because they'd noticed I'd declined wine at dinner. The server handed it to me and said, "I noticed you weren't drinking. This is what we bring for children. And people who don't drink." Ha!

The only downside(s) were that it was quite stiflingly hot in our beautiful room, and it rained on our walk home (had my umbrella this time!). Check out the room, though:

Don' I look so sincere and earnest in this shot? I'm sure I was saying something really deep and meaningful.

Other side of the room (but not the entire crew).

Brad's panorama shot.

The landing outside of the banquet room.

The eating area next to ours.

We said our goodbyes in shifts that night and throughout the next morning. Everyone was leaving at staggered times, starting at 4:00 am (boo). Brad and I were actually going to be in Krakow all of that day, as our flight to Copenhagen wasn't until that night. Jared was also in town, so we walked around a little and had lunch with him. He also took us by his favorite coffee shop in town, Massolit, before we parted ways. Brad and I hung out there for a couple of hours, writing and reading, and it was such a nice way to spend the afternoon.

See that little post card taped up on the end of the bookcase? The girls have a full-sized poster of that same print hanging in their bedroom. It's a vintage Soviet propaganda piece about reading.

An awkwardly-lit picture of the two of us.

Natural habitat.

We picked up the last few gifts on our list and settled on a pizza place for supper. It was super good and super inexpensive, which was a nice little way to say "farewell!" to Krakow, as we headed out for Copenhagen...which was the opposite of inexpensive.



Last visits and views!

We absolutely loved our time in Poland. We had a wonderful experience and were able to spend some really quality time with some dear souls. I'm so thankful for the opportunity! So much love for Poland and Lilly.

And now onward: to Denmark!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...