Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Around here lately: July 2017 edition

Claire calls 101 Dalmatians "101 Salvation." On our way to the beach, Amiee watched Aristocats with the girls while I drove. Claire's comment:
This is another kind of Salvation.

My eyes are thinking about crying.

Amiee: I don't want to play hide-and-seek right now. (It was 6 am.)
Claire: We're not playing hide-and-seek. We're playing FINDING.




Those are fireworks, Lily! Can you say "fireworks"?? Lily jabbers something. Nice one, Lily!

Let's make a party! (decorate)

Ratatootie = Ratatouille

That's the popsicle I've been wanting for a million days!

Erin: Did Poppy teach you that?
Claire: Um, no, I teached myself!




I was just giving you some constructions. (instructions)

Is the mirror blind, Mommy? (foggy mirror, post-shower)

Amiee: You're the only one who is good at that (made up) game, Claire.
Claire: Nana's good at it, too.

Lily and me are just playing in the closet. Don't worry, Mommy, we won't be lost forever.

This is the thing I want to show Daddy and keep FOREVER! I love it! (a cheap rubber bracelet with a message about not littering given by a beach worker)




Are the fish wobbling on your legs? (nibbling...the small fish in the shallows of the ocean)

We're playing animals so we can have a better future. (I don't even know what she meant. And to make it weirder, "playing animals" means choosing animal emojis on my phone.)

The tiger has a headache on his booty. (We accidentally dropped someone on a stuffed tiger's backside.)




I was singing "Shine, Jesus, Shine" as her bedtime song, and when I got to the chorus, she said: I LOVE this part!

referring to Amiee's stuffed tiger name Rajah: I don't call him Rajah. I call him Twinkle Twinkle.

Our friend, Laura Kay, told Claire not to grow while she is gone to Ethiopia.
I can't stop growing while you're gone because that's what big girls do. I taught myself that.




I can't keep looking for it, Mommy. I'm going to run out of breath. (searching for her water bottle)

We're NEVER going to make it to Nana's house! Maybe tomorrow...

Lily is the one who drives. Because I don't want to. (the Cozy Coupe car at my parents')

referring to our friends' dog
Claire (to me while changing into her swimsuit): Jackson is so cute...you need to tell them (our friends) I said that.
Erin: Why?
Claire: Because they'll love it!

I don't touch gold teeth. (referring to my instructions not to touch our friend's braces)





She's going to keep me forever! Next time. (misquoting a friend who said she was going to keep Claire while the rest of us left to head home)

Once upon a time ago, there was a man named Jesus.

Mommy, I'm just giving you constructions about not hitting cars.

Erin (referring to The Avengers when Claire walked in while Dad and I were watching it): His name is Thor.
Claire: For.
Erin: No, Thor.
Claire: For.
Erin: Thhhhor.
Claire: Fffffor.
Erin: Ok.





Erin: He says, "Hulk, smash!"
Claire: Fillmore, huh!
Erin: *so confused*
Claire: Luke, bash!

Erin: Well, I sold something for Nana.
Claire: Mommy, you shouldn't stole things.

I told the yellow man (friend of my parents' who was wearing a yellow shirt) that I live miles and miles away in North Carolina and about Daddy and Bo and Laura Kay and all those things.




Mommy, I have the burps.

I don't want to lay down while I watch Thomas because then all the trains will be sideways.

pats my shoulder
Erin: Yes, Claire?
Claire: I was just petting you since you miss Daddy.

I best go to the potty.

The Coke was spicy on my tongue.

Erin: Who's that train? (on Thomas and Friends)
Claire: I don't even know.




I took my bow out because it was making my hair distracted.

If the Hulk comes, Bingley is going to bark and bit his butt.
*NOTE: We do not use this terminology at home. This is an unfortunate side effect of watching Despicable Me.

All the boogies are making me snot.

Gran, you're my favorite girl! Now, just go get that ice cream, please.

My hands are a little bit Gracey. (greasy. Confused with my parents' cat. Who is not greasy.)

Jumping board = Diving board




Mommy, can I sit next to Daddy? I LOVE him!

Erin: Are you the wedding planner?
Claire: No, I'm the conducer who says, "Ok, it's wedding time!"

When I grow up, I'm still going to play with my toys, ok?

I think I'm probably right.

Daddy is teaching me to play "Hot Crusty Buns."

Your money is yours then it turns into my money.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...