Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Tennessee! And Brad returns!

After our extended stay in Alabama, we stopped in Tennessee for a short little visit! We got to visit with family, play, swim (wherein both girls showed off their stellar jumping-in-the-water skills), eat veggies from the garden, play on the inflatables at Wallabies, and go to church with Gran and Grandpa. It was a short little visit but packed with fun stuff! Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures. See?





We got home the day before Brad did, so our time alone at home was actually pretty short. The girls were so cute going around the house, rediscovering their toys and the house in general. Lily kept showing me things, and Claire kept squealing when she would remember toys she hadn't seen in a month. 

Brad's flight didn't get in until almost 10:00 pm, so the girls didn't get to see him until the next morning. I went into their room first, and Claire said, "But where's DADDY?" she then proceeded to run past me and fling herself at Brad. It was priceless. Later, she said, "Mommy, can I please sit by Daddy? I love him." And Lily, when I tried to get her to look at me for a picture while she was sitting in his lap, immediately snuggled in for a hug along with her smile.

He's BAAAACK!

She loves him.

Hugs and snugs!

We were just so so so happy to have him back! He couldn't get away from us for much of anything, bless him. I'm not sure that was the best for his jet lag, but we were a force to be reckoned with. We had such a nice week with him after such a long month...and then he left for a conference in Boston. *SIGH* We just can't seem to hold on to him these days... The life of an academic is, apparently, glamorously jet-setting.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...