Saturday, March 31, 2018

Around here lately: March 2018 edition

There were some good ones this month, y'all. Enjoy!

Mommy, I like chitting-chatting with you.

Want to know something ridicky-less?

New Baby, when you're older, we have movies called Thomas. But, you might not like season 1 because Sir Topham Hatt talks.
Claire doesn't care for the earlier seasons of Thomas the Train because they are narrated, rather than the characters having individual voices. She feels very strongly about this.

Sings "Shine, Jesus, Shine" over the monitor at bedtime.
Erin: That was beautiful, Claire!
Claire: I'm singing it so maybe Jesus will turn on a light in my room...

Claire was supposed to be prepared with a knock-knock joke for school. 
Claire: Knock knock.
Brad: Who's there?
Claire: Figs.
Brad: Figs who?
Claire: Our bell is broken! HAHAHAHA!
The actual joke ends: Figs your doorbell. It's broken. Bless it.




I'm the teacher because I'm the sparkliest.

I am very looking forward to it!

It's so beautiful, I can even not believe my eyes!

Instead of being a toddler, I'm going to be a big girl!
In reference to deciding to eat her chili.

Look! We're back to your wagon, Lily!
Upon returning to the play grocery buggy after making a lap around the first floor of our house.

Bear claws = South paw
Claire is left-handed, and Brad is trying to teach her the phrase "South paw." She calls it "bear claws."



I wish you were here, Bo! You would have loving it!

I'm trying to throw up, but Lily's just spitting in the water and making it all dirty!
Claire had vomited a couple of times and was sitting next to the toilet, in case she needed to vomit more. Lily, having watched, came up and spit into the toilet, imitating Claire. Apparently, she was dirty-ing the water...

Sorry I put snot on your coat, Daddy.
After giving Brad a hug and accidentally wiping her nose on him.

Erin: Oh, Lily will like that dress with the cat on it.
Claire: Oh yes!! Lily LOVES cats!
This is very true.

That picture is when I was a weenie weenie baby.

I just didn't want this day to come...
About my parents leaving to go home.

I like my setting.
Her play-doh setup.



Sometimes we wake up in a fragile way.
While Lily was crying for, seemingly, no reason right after nap.

Hold on, mommy, it's watering time.
Pausing our conversation to take a swig of her water bottle.

Claire: Is Lily a baby?
Erin: Lily is a toddler.
Claire: That's a kind of grown-up baby.

Since I drunk a piece of water, mine is shorter than yours. Now that yours is taller, you're going to win the high water contest!
Comparing water bottle contents with Brad. No idea why.

Daddy, you're silly, and I love your silliness!

Daddy, I love being next to you.

Does loving you help you feel better a little bit?
When Brad was battling a cold.



Look at Lily sitting so cutely for her snack!

I love Uncle Tim. He's the best jugglist.
She really admires Tim's juggling skills.

God's the one who made heaven and earth. He's the idea man who makes stuff.

Chicken on fredo = Chicken alfredo

Leprechaun bag = leopard print bag

Daddy! Be a boss to Lily! She's pulling my hair!

That smell is going RIGHT in my nose!



Here, Sweetie, let me help you.
To Lily.

You crushed it up. I can't fix it. Sorry, darling.
To Lily.

While in Tennessee in early March, Barbara took the girls to an indoor play place. The first day they tried to go, there were some field trips, and it was too busy to stay. The next time they went:
Claire to the employee: Are there any buses coming today?

While my parents were visiting over St. Patrick's Day, Claire and I had to have a discussion about lying. After she and I finished, she and Mom talked for a while about it. At the end of their discussion, through tears:
Maybe the ashes from Ash Wednesday will help. It was on Valentine's Day.

I know you miss being normal, Mommy.
She's heard me tell Brad that I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore and to feel normal again.

It takes a few days to wake up.
A church friend brought us dinner, including a whole pineapple, which Claire was very taken with. She told Claire that it still needed a few days to ripen. Claire equated that with waking up.


She also dressed it up. Obviously.

Noticed around here lately:
While playing with her remote control cars, she pointed out that she'd added a "cape" to her car. The "cape" was a clip-on Disney princess dress that she clipped onto the spoiler.

We were watching Thomas the Train, and I noticed she was plugging her ears. It was at a part where Thomas makes a poor decision. I asked if that's why she wasn't listening, and she confirmed that she didn't want to hear him make a bad choice.

Brad brought home some Mediterranean leftovers from an event at Duke. We noticed Claire eating her couscous one barley pearl at a time. It took her an hour and a half to finish supper.

I was texting with my sister, and she asked what the girls were doing. My response:
"They're playing blocks and farm animals. The pig is mad at me because I told Claire 'no' about something...Claire's not mad, but the pig it."

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...