Monday, April 30, 2018

Around here lately: April 2018 edition

This girl is still hilarious. Can't wait until next month when she says hilarious things about our new baby...

Hello! I'm Belle Beast.




It's Easter? Yay! Then, it's Pentecost. That's a red hot day. That's when we start using our fans.

Mommy, I'm Ninja Elsa. I really am a ninja now, and I really can fly.

Lily finds Claire's missing watch.
Lily has SHARP eyes!

I counted all the way by counting on my teeth.

After singing "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" at church.
I bet Jesus liked that.

C'mon, Mommy- let's go have a feast!

I have too many hands full.

It's not hard at all for me. Because I'm 5.

I saw an ant in the bathroom. I wanted to be friends with it.

The smell goes in my nose and to my brain and that's where the race ends.

I'm the director!

There's 2 ways in the pockets, and I can feel hand-to-hand.


Discussing whether or not she still says "Jofuss" rather than "Joseph."
Brad: Hey Claire, what's Mary's husband's name?
Claire: Joseph.
pause
Claire: Did you guys forget the name?

I would rather dance with Lily. (than boys)

I have to learn to make that click sound with my fingers. (snap)

Erin: What have you been doing?
Claire: I've been practicing school.

Claire: Look at my dragon. (a stuffed dragon we brought her from Krakow)
Gran: Oh, I know. He came from across the ocean.
Claire: No, he didn't.
Gran: Yes, he did. Mommy and Daddy brought him back for you.
Claire: Did they find him wet?
Gran: No, they didn't find him IN the ocean...

Bye, Lily! I love ya!


Erin: After the baby comes, and I do yoga again, you can do it with me.
Claire: Whoa, Mommy Mommy. You can do yoga, and I can hold the baby for you.

Claire: I'm going to Middle School
Erin: What?
Claire: I mean Middle Church.
Erin: Do you mean Children's Church?
Claire: Yes!

Amiee: What do you tell New Baby when you talk to her?
Claire: Hi, New Baby! When you come out, you have to do what they tell you. And what your big sister tells you to.

I'm pretty right about that.

I hope you can come down soon, because I really do need to talk to New Baby.
She wanted me to get out of bed and go downstairs with her.

Buckle = Belt

"Old McDonald had a farm...g-i-g-i joe!

I have a milk-stache.

I'm the birthday girl pal!
On Lily's birthday


Erin: This breaks my heart.
Claire: It makes me feel the same.

Brad: Do you remember what we call lefties in baseball?
Claire: The bears?
Brad: No...remember? South____?
Claire: South bears!
He's been trying to teach her "South Paw."

Erin: What is Lily crying?
Claire: Because Gran ruined her life.
Barbara had told Lily "no" about something.

There's pink peeking through!
She was eating something she didn't particularly want to and was really excited when she'd eaten enough so that the bottom of her (pink) bowl was visible.

Praying about Amiee (Bo) preparing to move to Kenya.
Help Bo to be so so so good. And help her not miss me too too much.

Guys, stop fighting at each other.
Brad and I were NOT fighting. We were just disagreeing about something.

Erin: Who threw that?
Claire: Our stinker-boo. (Lily)

Erin: It was a gross poop diaper.
Claire: Are you still thinking about that? Don't think about that- think about something happy!
Erin: Well, yes, you're right.
Claire: Oh yeah, girl!

Well, caterpillar, I guess this is goodbye.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...