Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Lily turned 2!

Lily turned TWO this year, y'all. How is that even possible? Wasn't she just born? 

Apparently, she was born two whole years ago.

Given that her birthday (April 15) was a mere handful of weeks before my scheduled delivery date for Baby No. 3, there was no way anything big was going to happen for her birthday. But, I also wanted to make sure we did something for her birthday. I landed on inviting some family friends to meet us for donuts at Krispy Kreme on a Saturday morning (and no, I did not partake). It worked out just perfectly! The friends brought bubbles as Lily's gift (even though I said don't worry about bringing a gift), so we ate donuts and then let the kids blow bubbles out on the patio. Lily loved it, and that's what I was going for.

Birthday girl!



Watching the donuts

Better angle for watching donuts

One gets to shove donuts in her face...the other needs to wipe the sugar glaze off her fingers.

Fun with friends!

Lily's actual birthday was on a Sunday, and thanks to my aunt, we had this precious little cupcake/birthday dress that she was SO EXCITED to wear to church. I made some cupcakes that afternoon (which I also did not eat), and Gran came into town and made it in time to open presents! Lily got lots of fun stuff and cute clothes from family, and she LOVED it all. She definitely thinks birthdays are just the best. And we think she is just the best.




And just for funsies, here are some "around here lately's," the Lily edition:

Spots a pink cup lid in a drawer and asks for it.
I wuuuuvvvv pink!


Bom Bom!
This means she wants to watch "Monster's Inc." It took us a while to figure out that's what she meant.


When Claire leaves for school, Lily immediately starts trying to take off her jammies, put on her coat, and tag along. She used to stand at the door and sob when watching Brad and Claire drive off. Thanks to Mommy being sick and stuck on the couch/in the bed, she's learned that she often gets to watch more tv than usual. Recently, she decided not to be so upset about Claire leaving but rather cheerfully sends her off before turning to me and asking to watch "Ooh ooh aah aah" (Curious George). This past week, she turned to me, arched her eyebrows, and said, "Bom Bom??" And yeah. I gave in and we watched it.


Frozen or Elsa or Anna are always referred to as LETITGOLETITGOLETITGO at any sighting.


She refers to herself as "YiYi" and introduces herself to everyone.

Raisins are one of her favorite snacks and she calls them "tst tst." Like, just a smacking sound.


All desserts are "CAKE." With great enthusiasm and fervor.


She was in the bathroom with me recently as I was getting dressed, watching me brush my teeth and put on my clothes. She opened my cabinet, got out my deodorant, and pretended to put it on herself before handing it to me.


While she was playing one day, she said, "Bye bye, Mommy!"
Erin: Where are you going?
Lily: Costco!

Later that same day, she was playing with her dolls and told me they were also going to Costco. I spy a theme...

And y'all, this girl knows the art of lounging:



Happy 2nd birthday, Lily! We love you!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...