Saturday, June 9, 2018

Around here lately: May 2018 edition

The month of May was FULL of great Claire commentary. I'm surprised I was able to record as much as I did, given all the events of May. My mom and sister helped with the recording, too, thankfully. Please enjoy!

Holds door open with body weight.
It's wide open. I put my brakes on.

I love being with my family!

Daddy, you ready to get on the road?

I'm holding my fork's hand. 
Holding her fork during dinner prayers.

My mom drawing with the girls, shortly after reviewing phonics with Claire.
Nana: Who is that? Minnie Mouse? 
Claire: No...it's something that starts with a "yuh."
Nana: ...pause...
Claire: It's "yuh," "yuh," "yuh"...YOU!

After I began teaching her to clean the toilet.
You're teaching me GROWN UP jobs! 

I'm a little bit bigger than her (Lily) because I have a head.
I'm assuming she meant that her head is bigger than Lily's. Not entirely sure, but it was funny.

What happens when we have THREE girls in the dragon box??
They had just watched a Curious George episode about Chinese New Year, which included a parade with a dragon. They then turned a large Amazon box into their own "dragon."


That's not a trash can. It's a looker. 
Referring to a scene in which Gru hides for surveillance inside a trash can in Despicable Me 2.

Lily's madder than EVER at me.

Amiee: Did you know that I knew that?
Claire: Yeah! Because you can know things.

Erin: What should we name the baby?
Claire: I don't know...maybe Lovey.

Amiee: Do you want me to paint a heart?
Claire: Yes, ma'am.
Amiee: Aw, Claire.
Claire: I know. I'm very kind.

When I grow up, I'm going to save koalas in the rain forest.

About Brynn
This is a very wonderful present!

I thought this day would never come with a sister!
Said while dramatically laid across Amiee's lap.

About Brynn
This is a fun sister!

I like the baby you gave me.

I think she needs her big sister. 
Said as she sobbed when having to leave Brynn at the hospital after their first meeting.

She came all wrapped up like Jesus.
Referring to Brynn wrapped in a swaddle blanket.

I like her fur.
Said while petting Brynn's newborn skin.

Are you trying to send me away? 
After I asked her to please move for the nurse to take my vitals.

Blows kiss
That was for you and New Baby to share.

Bo to Claire: Don't be sad.
Claire: I'm not sad. I just miss them.
After leaving the hospital.

Amiee was taking a picture of Nana and Poppy while at a Mexican restaurant for dinner.
Claire, holding a chip next to Amiee's phone: Look at the chip! For the picture! Look at the chip!

We don't have to be patient if we don't want to.

It's a shame we don't have a picture (of Brynn) to send...I was the only one without trash.
Ugh. A couple weeks before the baby was born, I failed to send Claire to school with a few pieces of recycleables for some sort of activity they were doing for Earth Day. She could not get over being the only kid without some trash. She reminded me of it regularly. Apparently, after Brynn was born, she said this little gem to my parents.

I'm always dropped off at school by a man.
Mostly true; Brad usually dropped Claire off at school.

Claire: That's what good Nanas do. (Mom gave her some almond bark)
Amiee: Do you have a good Nana?
Claire: Ohhhhhh yeahhhhh!

That's a weigh-er. 
Referring to a see saw that she, apparently, thought looked like a scale.

Brynn grabbed Claire's finger.
Ah, it's working.

Claire: She's probably like, "Oh, it's that coughing girl again." 
Referring to Brynn recognizing her by her cough. Claire had a persistent cough from an allergy attack around the time Brynn was born.

Gets in Amiee's lap and snuggles.
That's so you'll love me tomorrow.

Her face is so cheeky and soft.
Brynn's.

It's Super Claire and Super Yiyi!


I need to stretch from all that holding baby.

I broke the guest bed! *Wail* I was swinging on it! *Sob*
Claire takes her naps/rests on the guest bed. She came out to tell Mom and me that she had broken off part of the guest bed. Her stress was so over-the-top that we had to laugh just a little. 

When someone hurts your feelings, it hurts your ears and it hurts your self, but you're not hurt hurt.

Claire: I wish I had a brother.
Nana: Why?
Claire: All the brother things?
Nana: What do you mean?
Claire: You know, Nana. The brother things.

We all sleep nake, but we have clothes on, Lily.
"Nake" is how Lily says "naked." Related: she's obsessed with being naked. Claire was trying to explain...something...with this little comment.

Yes sir, Mr. Boss of the family.

I'll have to check with the stuff because sometimes they're fragile with their feelings.
I can't remember what she was doing exactly, but she was referring to a bunch of toys that she had gathered.

I did not occur to Nana to give me a drink. She just thought of me.
Said after I told her to quit mooching a protein shake off of my mom.

If she cries, I'm going to give her the paci so nobody will have to take her away from me. If someone takes her away, that will break my heart.
As she was holding Brynn.

You're a cool Mommy.

Please don't let Daddy overflow or drown or slip when he gets home.
Bedtime prayers for Brad while he was out one evening during a thunderstorm.

Sniffs essential oils.
I have powers in my nose now!

My, my! You have hearts all over! 
Lily's outfit was covered in hearts.

Ta-da! The Boswell girls!

Mom accidentally set off house alarm.
Nana, the FIRST thing you have to do is check the front door to make sure the light is off before you open any doors.

I'm trying to save you. 
To Brad after she scolded me for jokingly reprimanding him.

I have Super Claire Sense.

The rain is starting to stop.

Daddy has a new grown-up toy: the vacuum cleaner that was for Mother's Day!

It was my dream to have something beautiful. Daddy, no one crushed my dream. It's in my heart, and I'm keeping it. Mommy, save me from the Daddy monster before he crushes my dreams.
I wish I could explain this conversation to you, but I can't. Suffice it to say that it took place in great earnest and was HILARIOUS.

Mine and Brynnie's piggies are having a play date.
Her toes were touching Brynn's toes.

Erin: Who told you that?
Claire: The boss of the family.

I don't know who I will marry, Mommy. There are a lot of boys.

To Nana:
You can pray for me about lying and Lily about disobeying.
I'm TERRIFIED by this, guys.

My Nana is the coolest. She's so friendly.

Um, Mommy, it's not your turn. I'll get to you in a minute.

Claire: Lily had a bad attitude and went "humph."
Erin: What did Nana say to her?
Claire: Nana said, "Well, I guess you won't get any."...My Nana is cool.

Erin: Do you feel like you're going to throw up?
Claire: No, that's when my tummy feels WIGGLY.







No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...