Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Letter to my Baby Brynn: 1 Month

She turned one month on the 7th, but it took me THIS LONG to get her letter finished. Bless my heart.

Dear Brynnie,

Your first month flew, absolutely FLEW, by before I knew it. I know that's partly because the earliest days with a newborn are so blurry and hazy, but I also think it's because, on Baby Number 3, I'm more than aware of how quickly the baby days are over. And I'm just in zero hurry to have them pass by quickly.




During your first few weeks of life, I had such a euphoric sense of completion: we made it- you and I (and everyone else, but here I'm just referring to the sheer physicality of it)- all the way to the end of a HARD pregnancy. It brought me so much joy to finally see, cuddle, and care for a healthy, beautiful baby after such a long slog. I've been trying to stop any sense of urgency to be productive and get things done in favor of enjoying your baby days (incidentally, there's a lot of things that aren't getting done...).






I'm loving spending time cuddling you, and I'm also loving watching Claire and Lily welcome you to our family. They have been having the BEST time with you! It started in the hospital when Claire didn't want to share you with anyone else and SOBBED when she had to leave. And Lily offered to share her chicken strip with you. We have been so happy with how enthusiastic Claire and Lily have been! I hope the three of your are able to maintain a close friendship for all of your days.





You've been such a good eater since the very beginning, and I'm really thankful for that. You've been putting on weight exactly as you should- way to go! You're also a fairly good sleeper. I say "fairly" because you are a bit more prone to taking quite a while to get back to sleep in the middle of the night than other babies I've had...despite that, you've already slipped into an eating schedule (for the most part) and aren't at all a "bad" sleeper. Plus, I really do love all the extra snuggles we get.


Off the the pediatrician for your first visit!






 Good sleeping girl

You've had a couple of baths, and true to Boswell form, you love them. Your very first one was actually a sponge bath in the bath tub so that Claire and Lily could "participate." It was so cute. They had a blast "helping," and you were a good sport.


This was not your first bath. This was a bath I had to give you by myself after you had an EXPLOSION.


We are so fortunate that you've already met a lot of family! All 4 grandparents and both of your aunts! And one of your great-aunts! You'll meet almost everybody else before the end of the summer. I know with all my heart that you will charm them.


This was your favorite position to be held in!

In my sleep deprived state, I didn't trust myself to just remember things from this first month, so I jotted thoughts about you down when I would think them. Here are a few I typed up really quickly:
1. For the first few weeks of your life, you were so tiny that Daddy could (safely) hold you in one hand.
2. You had a VERY loud cry- especially for a newborn. No doubt you'll be able to make your voice heard in life. 
3. Lily loves to be a helper by bringing your paci to you when you cry. And as a reward, you gave one of your first conscious smiles to her!
4. You like to be held by your sisters. Claire requests to hold you daily.
5. You started holding your head up, you strong girl. The name "Brynn" actually means "strong," so it seems we chose well.
6. You prefer to fall asleep on someone. You will stay asleep once you've been put in your bed or swing, but you want to fall asleep while being held. You pretty much get your way on that one, truth be told.
7. You have a way of making me slow down and enjoy all the baby-ness. I love it so much, no matter how tired it makes me.

Brynna, you are a joy and a delight. We love you so much and are so thankful you're here with us.






 Claire and Lily thought your headband situation needed a little extra something.



And because I refuse to let the busy-ness of life with 3 little children deter me from it, here are my hard-fought for weekly pictures from Month 1:

Week 1

Week 2


Week 3

1 Month

We love you, Brynnie!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...