Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Around here lately: June 2019 edition

Never give up, never give in. Always write down the quotes. Enjoy!

Erin: *spelled a word*
Claire: I read that. I made it a picture in my head, and then I read it.

Claire: Nana, do you know what germ I had?
Nana: Which one?
Claire: The throw up one!

It's a picture of the woman with fire in her hands.
Statue of Liberty


Her diagram of her planned construction.

After a lousy stomach bug, I talked to Claire about listening carefully to what her body says that it needs. Example: thirst --> need more water
My tummy says it's hungry for a Gatorade popsicle.

I explained the need for electrolytes.
So it will go down in my tummy and shine flash lights around?

Snapped in the middle of a very tearful explanation of why she wasn't actually in the wrong...

If a bad guy's hands are tied up, how can they use their hands to scratch or tickle?

Claire: Does God like to sing?
Erin: Yes, He loves music.
Claire: Oh, me too! God and I are singing buddies!


The tv is a girl!

We got an Amazon Fire stick, and it has speaking features/Alexa.

To me
Well, don't you look beautiful!

Salvation Bible School : Vacation Bible School


My toes like being nakey, but they don't like being made fun of.

Erin: It's not a contest...
Claire: Oh well it IS!


Mommy, I see stratus clouds AND cumulus clouds!

I see it with my long, long eyes!

Look, Mommy! The world's greatest paintings!


Gran told me, and I figured it out.
See also: she did not figure it out. Gran told her.

In the van
Erin: Don't hold Trumpkin near the window or she'll be gone forever.
Claire: Don't do it, Trumpkin!!
Lily: I'll keep her safe.


Erin: Don't grow up. I just want you to be my little bear.
Claire: Why don't you take a picture of me being cute? Then you can remember.

One time, I saw a jellyfish, but I didn't know it was a jellyfish. Daddy knew what it was. though, and he tried to help me. He was being Marlin, and I was being Dory.
From the jellyfish scene in Finding Nemo.


I explained how a sponge works.
Oh...it's a cycle!

I'm just killing an arachnid.
Ever since Lily's bout of flu and her accompanying hallucinations of bugs, she LOSES IT when she sees bugs. We've talked to Claire about not pointing out when she sees bugs. She heard me use the word "arachnid" once when talking in "code" to Brad. She now uses it when she sees a spider, and it is so cute.


Erin: You're doing a great job swinging.
Claire: Well, I've been doing it for 30 years or 5.

Erin: You're cute, Claire.
Claire: Well, thank you!


Referring to some gift cards/vouchers she got in a baggie from VBS
Can you and Daddy please not use these coupons? Because I want to use them myself to practice being a grown up!
I.e. hand them to a cashier herself

You know, Mommy, macaroni is soft enough to slide down your throat without chewing. I've tried it lots of times.


Watching popcorn (on the stove) popping
Mommy, the popcorn is hatching!

Claire (telling a story of some sort): ...and our booties...
Erin: We're not going to talk about booties.
Claire: Ok. That thing that's attached to our legs...


I'm coupled up in my seat belt!
She loves watching Thomas the Train, wherein the trains are often "coupled" for hauling freight.

Claire: When is Jesus coming back?
Brad: Only God knows that.
Claire: Can it be on Friday?


How many bathrooms do we have? I'll calculate...
Does mental math

I love you more than a hundred planet. Including the earth!

She's so adorable with those eyes!
Referring to Brynn


Smoochy-boo
Shmoopsie-poo (Mike's girlfriend on Monsters Inc.)

Erin: I heard you weren't very kind to Lily when she wanted to sit on your bed this morning.
Claire: I heard that, too...


If I don't find Mr. Potato Head's ear, he'll CRY!

Claire: When do we leave for the beach.
Erin: 6 days.
Claire: But the paper chain said 6 days yesterday. So it should be five days today.
Brad: The paper chain must be off, because it's six days.
Claire: Well, I believe the paper chain.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...