Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Thanksgiving festivities: part 2

Actual Thanksgiving Day was rainy and dreary, which was particularly a bummer for Brad, who was smoking our turkey on the grill outside. Bless him. I, personally, did almost nothing to help with the food for Thanksgiving, as I spent most of the morning managing childcare situations. Mom, Amiee, and Daddy carried off all of the sides and desserts that we needed for our meal. Bless them, as well.


Claire helped make the ingredient list for the day.

Mid-morning, our favorite babysitter, Lydia, texted and asked if she could swing by with some happies for the girls. She had spent most weekday mornings of the summer with them, and they all missed each other when she went back to college in August (she also missed Hallie's birthday by a mere two weeks, so she wanted to meet Hallie!). She brought the SWEETEST gift bags for each girl, plus a onesie for Hallie and a candle for me. She's the best, and I'm so sad that she's at college. (I mean...I'm glad she's getting all educated...BUT WE MISS HER!)



Look at this sweet onesie!

We finished off our Thankful Tree that we worked on all month:



Our table was highly decorated, but I only managed to snag one picture:


The girls cooperated beautifully for a Thanksgiving Day picture:



And I grabbed this picture of them watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving movie:


And my phone reminded me that I'd taken a similar one in 2019 during our time in DC:


Our friend, Kendall, is a professional baker and had ended the day with some leftover pie that she brought over to share with us (bundled up in the backyard so that we could distance visit). It was a really wonderful Thanksgiving, despite the weather and the strangeness of the year.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...