Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Thanksgiving festivities: part 3 (and Christmas: part 1)

Although the temptation was high to get Christmas 2020 going earlier than ever, I held off until the day after Thanksgiving. Because I am a creature of habit and ritual. But you can bet your bottom dollar that we started it off with pomp and circumstance on that fair Friday. Or, at least, we started it off with our annual Eloise ceremony:




I searched THE WORLD OVER for the best matching Eloise-striped jammies that I could find. It was quite the task, and I'm very proud of myself.

We got the tree set up, and the girls decorated with gusto. To my credit, I believe, I did not rearrange any of the ornaments, and I let them put up all the kid ornaments that we own.



I also got the stockings up...minus Hallie's because I still had to get it made.

I got out my beloved ceramic tree that my Grammy made quite a while ago. Brynn had the best time putting in and taking out the lights over and over (we revisited this activity many times during the Christmas season, as it bought me massive amounts of time).

On Saturday, Mom and Amiee made Pop-Tart "gingerbread" houses with the girls, and they had a blast:




We also got into our Auburn-wear for the Iron Bowl...even though the game was a disaster and we bailed early in favor of Christmas movies.






It was a great start to the Christmas season! Getting our decorations up was so good for our spirits, and I, personally, was thrilled to start the Christmas Movie-Watching Train. We really enjoyed kicking off Christmas with Nana, Poppy, and Bo! And I always enjoy watching the girls FULLY EMBRACE the Christmas magic.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...