Friday, March 5, 2021

LILY-ISMS: December 2020 edition

I'm trying to put my pants on, but they're fighting me...
Erin helps
They fight me, but you're winning them!

Hallie was crying
The animals are taking cover under Hallie's swing!
Animals : stuffies


A display of stuffies on the bed where she naps

That was the BEST part of the Tennessee zoo- to see the flamingos!
She visited a nearby zoo when staying with Bill and Barbara in November, and apparently, the flamingos won the day.

Mommy, do you remember Dupont Circle? We're driving the metro to Dupont Circle.
We lived in Dupont Circle during our Washington D.C. tenure.

Erin: I'll be there in a few minutes.
Lily: Minutes are LONG.


Astronaut suit

Dachos (stuffed dog) is going to be Trumpkin while Trumpkin is a reindeer.

...and then the animals will get tuckered out.

Mommy, this is the love book about me and you.
Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton

Points to brush bristles
These give your hair a big hug.


Mommy, can we take pictures to show Trumpkin the beautiful lights?
When we went driving to see Christmas lights

The dancing trees and the beautiful-ness was so so so pretty!
Christmas light display

I can't sing that. It's too trickable.

I'm hiding myself.
After getting in trouble


Lily: That's the third time I've broken that lamp.
Erin: How do you keep breaking it?
Lily: Because I keep knocking it over.

My teeth are shivering when I cry!
Chattering

This is a kid movie, but it's REAL!
Referring to Ramona and Beezus. I.e. it's not a cartoon.

Kevin and his bird friend did something really brave!
Home Alone 2



Sess-mess-anee Street : Sesame Street

St. Santa Claus

Hallie, don't cry with your mouth full.
Said to Hallie while she cried with a paci in her mouth

Come here, Brynnie. I need to hitch you up. Claire, can you be our reindeer?


Queen Mommy of the Wild Things!

Erin: If I check, will I find it like it should be?
Lily: (frustrated) But...but...JESUS saw me! Because He's in my heart!

I'm a brussely-sprout vegetarian.

Putting on jammies in front of the tv while livestreaming our church's carols and cocoa service
Are they watching me??


Doing her dishes
The spoons do NOT get along with the knives and forks.

I love this song! It's so catchy. That's why I love it.

Lily: Can you nap with me?
Barbara: That won't give you much rest, will it?
Lily: It will give me much happiness!

Oh! I know! You guys can wrap me like a present!
Proceeds to wrap Christmas wrapping around herself


Erin: What are you doing, Lily?
Lily: Just walking in the forest and making animal friends.

Arriving home
Home sweet home, here we are!!

Pretends to "read" from a tag on a toy that she opened for Christmas
"While the grown-ups open presents...A Story Begins!"

Trumpkin eats ALL the healthy foods, like enchiladas...


Referring to her stuffed Elmo
Elmo doesn't like it when people draw because Elmo is a really bad draw-er.

Referring to our Happy Birthday, Jesus cake
The eating it part is better than the cutting it part.

Hallie was given an outfit with chickens on it for Christmas
I like her chicken baby suit.

Claire: Sometimes I wish I had red hair.
Amiee: Me, too.
Lily: Sometimes I wish I had purple hair.

They got stick-on earrings for Christmas, and Lily decided she wanted a nose ring like Amiee's

Aren't they great animals? They sleep great-ily.

Did you say you posted pictures in your FEET?
Instagram feed

Crackle-dile : crocodile

Oh, I ALWAYS follow the rules!
This is simply not true.



Remember when Mommy went to get Hallie with Daddy?
Read: went to the hospital to deliver Hallie

Erin: Lily, please pick up and put away _____.
Lily: But I'm playing so happily!

Amiee was visiting and very kindly delivered several forgotten items to little girls after they were tucked into bed.
Oh, uh, Bo. You're back. Well...you're very sweet.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...