Wednesday, May 12, 2021

LILY-ISMS: March 2021 edition

A text I sent to my mom and sister after the girls and I studied women's suffrage and the 19th Amendment:
Lily wants to campaign for votes for animals. And kids. In that order, apparently.

2 days after Claire's birthday
Erin: Your reading aloud skills are so good, Claire! I can tell a difference over the past few months.
Lily: It's because she's 8.

It's sadding me.

Those were the best Dr. Seuss yum yums ever!
I made green eggs for Dr. Seuss's birthday.


Not a reenactment: actual footage of Lily watching Horton Hears a Who

Erin: Lily, why is your sweater off?
Lily: Oh. My arm pits were feeling tickly and needed a rest. So I took it off.

Erin: Lily, did you make up my bed??
Lily: I did it all by myself!
Erin: Thank you, Lily! That was so kind!
Lily: Yep, I did it all by myself! Trumpkin didn't even help.
Erin: Trumpkin. What a slacker.
Lily: She's not a slacker! She just likes to watch.


Making up my bed for me is one of her new things that she does to surprise me, and it is so incredibly sweet.

Hunka Munka. I think it's a terrible name, but Trumpkin thinks it's beautiful.

I wish we named Hallie Twinkleberry...

You are A DELIGHT, Daddy!

Don't be afraid- Trumpkin will protect you!

I want to have a kitty cat and a unicorn.

Brad: And how did you see that, Lily?
Lily: I have super good eyes that look through things.

We HAVE to go to Pakistan! I want to see that goat!
We learned about Malala for Women's History Month and then did some research on Pakistan. In one of our children's atlases, there were some pictures of animals indigenous to Pakistan, including a goat with curly horns that Lily HAS to see.

Leopard-chaun : Leprechaun

Don't you like having kids?
Said to me after I asked them to please stop talking to me all at the same time

Waiting for my friend, Mindy, to arrive for a visit. Note: there was no noise preceding this comment:
Oh! That was the Trumpkin meow! I bet she's here!

Lily: Daddy yelled at me.
Erin: No he didn't.
Lily: Yes he did. I heard it down into my toes.

If you find dragons, bring me a brightly yellow one!


Bag full of "newspapers" for her "route"

I'm getting my shadows to do the same things as me!

Amiee: You're being silly, Lily.
Lily: That's what Lilys do! That is what Lilys do best! 

Erin: Lily, please don't copy me.
Lily: But I'm practicing to be a mother!

Thanks for the bowl of honor!
The coveted purple bowl

This song is so stylish that I have to sing it.

My hair is not fit to be seen!

If we had a brother, we could name him the Tailor of Gloucester or Ukulele. Or Peter.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...