Thursday, May 20, 2021

Around here lately: April 2021 edition

Sabrina Star is going to be an astrophysicist after she's too old to be a hero. Which is 31.
Inspired by Jane's writings in The Penderwicks, Claire has been trying her hand at story writing. This was one of her musings. Apparently, 31 is the age cap for being a hero. Good to know, I guess.

These dresses are so beautiful. And so many people will see us tomorrow!
Referring to their Easter dresses and going to in-person church for the first time in over a year

Brad: I can stay under for FIVE minutes! Under water- he was teasing
*Long pause*
Claire: You'll have to prove that to me.

Claire, very generously offered marshmallows to me, mom, and Amiee, which we thanked her for but let her eat.
She then went upstairs to offer one to Poppy.
Returned and reported:
I didn't have to eat Poppy's for him.


She wanted me to give her a "Bo haircut" so she can be like Amiee.

Look at the tree! It's a beautiful lemon-y green!

Mommy! I think Brynnie's whiffy!
Dirty diaper

My prediction is Hallie's voice is going to be thrillingly beautiful.


I taught her to fingerknit and she was off to the races!

Referring to a gift that was wrapped in several parts
It's a package inside a package inside a package... Matryoshka!

I already zipped it up so that it's secret.
An envelope

Nana invents her curls.
Meaning: Nana curls her hair

Can I touch your costume?
Brad's academic regalia

Text sent to my mom after Claire pulled another tooth:
Pulled another one! Told me to text the Tooth Fairy 😂

I have a hundred dollar piece of paper.
Hundred dollar bill

Erin explains international date line.
Claire thinking about it later:
Mommy, is Hawaii next to the magical line?

Your sparkly fingernails are so glamorous, Mommy!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...