Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to school

Today was the first day of classes. It's been a pretty tiring week or so around here. Union really throws its heart and soul (read: staff, faculty, and upperclassmen) into getting all the new students moved in and settled. It's really exciting and fun, but it takes a lot of effort. Brad worked close to 60 hours last week, trying to get all of his students in. We were both at Union all day on Friday (new student move-in day), running around and doing this and that.

It's really fun, though; colleges just sort of need students on campus, I think. :) Maybe not all colleges feel like that. I realize that my experience working (and attending...when I was a student) at Union is a little different than larger schools. Union is a fairly small, Christian, liberal arts university, so there's the ability to put a lot of heart and care into students. It's really personal and supportive. Aw...

So, that's where I've been/what we've been up to. I'm sure exciting things will start happening soon. Until then, here's fun news: Brad's sister scored one of Union's women's soccer team's 3 goals last night. Woooo!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...