Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm very homely.

When I was in college, a friend of mine was trying to describe another friend as being very home-y, good at domestic things, destined to be a good wife and mother, etc. Instead of saying either of those things, he used the word "homely," thinking that he was bestowing a very positive compliment. Amanda and I thought it was hilarious and set him straight, but I have to admit that I often associate "homely" with "home-y."

I think I'm becoming a little homely. Why? Well, I'm glad you asked.
1. I do laundry a LOT. I'm not sure how it increased so very much (I mean, I went from doing one person's laundry to two...that's not a ridiculous increase.). Maybe it has to do with the fact that Brad works out multiple times and week (whereas, I'm strictly a twice a week exerciser). And he mows the lawn. Those clothes are GROSS. Whatever the reason, there's a lot of laundry.

2. I've become a consistent coupon-er. I'm not super aggressive about it or the queen of. I do love getting a good deal and saving as much as I spend. It's like a game, and I love winning it.

3. I dusted off my sewing machine and took care of some much-needed mending. Let's forget for a minute that I'd forgotten a few nuances and had to read the instruction manual before starting...

4. I spot-cleaned the carpet a few weeks ago. That's right. Spot. Cleaned. I do not mess around when shooting for the title of Most Homely.

*Side note: I've mastered folding fitted sheets. It's true, and I'm quite happy about it.

I realize that's not a very long list, but somehow, I find myself staying busy with house-y things more than I thought I would. I shudder to think of what my laundry pile would look like if we had a bigger family. Or the spots on the carpet. Oi.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yes, I relate to LOTS of laundry! Every time we add a baby I'm amazed at how much more laundry we have. I mean really, there clothes are oh so tiny and yet there seems to be SO MUCH more laundy!!

Also I don't know if it's true for you, but I often re-wear some of my clothes. Guys don't seem to do that. So they always produce more laundry!

But it's so great, isn't it!?!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...