Monday, August 1, 2011

I love weekends.

Don't we all, though? Granted, most of my summer has been like one long weekend (I'm on a ten-month contract, so I didn't have to work regular hours this summer), but actual weekends are more fun because Brad is off and can be friends with me. This weekend was full of lots of fun.

First up: Aqua Zumba surprise birthday party.
You read that correctly. A) Yes, there is such a thing as Aqua Zumba. It's sort of like water aerobics set to music...and is much more dance-y. It's not as hard on the joints (wow...that made me sound elderly.). It was also surprisingly more challenging than I expected. B) The party was a surprise party for my boss. She's turning 60 this month (although she truly does not look a day over 50- she doesn't read my blog, so you can trust that's a legit compliment that comes from my heart.), and her daughter schemed to get this surprise party together for her. Her daughter, Holly, contacted those of us that are sort of the Union "core Zumba crowd" and invited us out (as in, out in the country) to a relative's house for Zumba and reallllllly good food. The party was a hit, and I was sore the next day. Oh! Best part of the story: One of the ladies attending the party had gotten my boss to make a particular dessert that everyone loves to be served at "a party." Little did she know she was making the favors for her OWN PARTY!

Second phase of the weekend: Brother-in-law came in for a visit.
Firstly, I think it's weird that I have a brother-in-law. Secondly, we had a lot of fun with Tim. He's been doing an internship (cancer research) at Vanderbilt this summer (yeah...he's really smart and all the medical schools want a piece of him), so he popped over for a weekend o' fun in Jackson. We grilled 3 times while he was here (mostly because Brad has a big huge crush on our grill)! We also saw "Captain America," which was fun. We played a game of Settlers with our friend, Hughey, and Brad and Tim put on their crazy selves to go RUN in trillion degree heat. Nuts. They're nuts. Then, Tim and I talked about couponing. He's a man of many interests.

We also made our specialty: cinnamon ice cream. We're perfecting the process, and it's goooooood, if I do say so myself.

Then, I reorganized the pantry. I like to live on the edge. :) Anyone do anything cool this weekend?

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...