Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Ashy Challenge

This past Wednesday, I had fun dressing up as my character. Admittedly, I look nothing like the inspiration boards. That's ok; I have read Harry Potter enough to interpret my characters just like I want to. Here's me:

Any ideas? And, no, I'm not being generic "Gryffindor," although I feel like this could be very Gryffindor-sy. Here's what I was going for:
Fawkes the Phoenix. Admittedly, these pictures of animatronic Fawkes aren't as awesome as the Fawkes that I see in my head when I read about him, but it should give you an image to work with. I love Fawkes in the stories, even though he isn't a creature who speaks. He's so loyal and so helpful in a scrape. I wish I had a pet phoenix. That Dumbledore is lucky...

The character: Fawkes
The outfit:
*Red sweater, yellow cami, and gold belt from New York and Co. 2010
*Scarf from Senegal circa 2004
*Gold earrings from Francesca's right before the end of 2011
*Gray pants from New York and Co. 2011 (now, this is a nerdy confession, but I wore gray pants because Fawkes is a phoenix. Phoenixes rise from ashes. You can un-friend me now, if that was just waaaay too "in character" for your tastes. I'll understand.)

The Disneybound inspiration board(s):


Yet again, my outfit looks NOTHING like these. I'm not entirely sure I could even pull that first look off... Those colors are just really not in my color wheel.

Happy weekend.

Images from here, here, and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...