Friday, February 3, 2012

The Muggle-born Challenge

I realize that this one looks surprisingly like The Pooch Challenge, but in real life, there was much more of a difference. Don't be confused!

Amiee and I decided to do a theme month of characters this month. These characters aren't actually Disney, but they're ones we like a lot. This was my outfit this week:

She's actually one of my very favorite characters in literature and on film, although I probably don't look all that different in my character get-up than I do in real life. This week's character was...

Hermione Granger from Harry Potter! Unfortunately, I've been pretty sick this week, and wasn't up to creating a truly stunning or jaw-dropping Hermione outfit. If I'd been able to channel my inner Hermione, I'd probably have been able to transfigure my outfit into something marvelous, but I had a cold. No magical channeling for me this week. Here's the breakdown:

Character: Hermione from the Harry Potter series

Outfit:
*Gray sweater is from New York & Co.
*White shirt was a $4 or $5 score from Ross last fall
*Black pants have been around since about 2008. They even survived living in Ukraine for 2 years.
*The gold necklace is actually from Harry Potter World in Orlando (thanks, Santa!) and is a time turner, which is a magical object that makes its first appearance in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which is my favorite of the books.
*The book is (I think) one of my copies of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (book 2). It seemed appropriate, as Hermione is always reading. If only I'd had a copy of Hogwarts: A History.

Disneybound inspiration board:


My outfit looks almost nothing like this one...BUT, I did use my red purse, and my lanyard for my keys at work are on a strip of scarlet and gold-striped HP fabric. Points for that?

Be sure to check out Amiee's character outfit here. It was a great one!

Here's hoping you all felt healthier than I did this week...

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...