Sunday, February 19, 2012

The He's-Got-Style Challenge

This week's challenge has been one of my favorites so far, even though the outfit wasn't necessarily my absolute favorite ever. I was pretty much just happy to be channeling the essence of one of my favorite literary characters...

Albus Percival Wolfric Brian Dumbledore! He's such a complex and intriguing character. And so well-written. Dr. Poe describes him as a "dandy," too, so I like to think that I looked dandy-ish. Kingsley Shacklebolt does describe Dumbly-dore as having style, so I think that supports Dr. Poe's assertion. I'm thinking it's the glasses... But, his description in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (in the pensieve, when visiting Tom Riddle in his younger days at the orphanage) does make me wonder if his style went through a few transitions before landing on his classic, headmaster-y look. Input?


Character: Professor Dumbledore

Outfit:
*Purple dress from Target 2011
*Silver belt from my Auntie circa 2008/2009
*Black cardigan thing from Papaya 2011
*Glasses...2006! I've had the lenses upgraded, of course, since then.

Disneybound inspiration board:

I think I actually sort of hit this one pretty closely. Minus the hat, shoes, and phoenix ring, of course. I went with no hat, black boots from Clark's, and my wedding ring, instead. I hope Dumbledore understands...

As always, remember to check Amiee's here!

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...